Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Used the DL32R For First Time New Year's Eve - My Overview/Review

<< < (2/9) > >>

RoadRanger:
Also curious why you bought a DL32R vs a DL1608 for a 4 piece band ?

takis:
Drums take up 6 mics...  keyboards with sequencer etc...  could take up to 6 inputs...  3 vocals in the band....  guitar and bouzouki - 2 more inputs.. and our DJ system....  another 2 inputs....  I realize this adds to more than 16 inputs....  plus, we backup other musicans and singers from Greece that can lead up to 20-24 channels, where in the past I had to bring 2 mixers whcih is very cloogy...

But overall, I have been monitoring this way to go for the past 2 yeasrs and did not want ot buy things when somewhat proven in technology.. from throughput, things not crapping out.. like software locking, etc.

pytchley:
The only good thing for me about the reverb is that i have learned a lot about using delays instead.... it really is very poor. Surprising Mackie can't do any better, my ancient SPX90 sounds far better. I've got lexicons and a TC but the whole point of going over to the DL was not taking so much stuff to gigs and as it sits on the stage I can't tweak the settings on outboard so no solution. So lets hope 3.1 not only works without so much lag but also that it has some better reverbs.

Yorgaki1:
Giasou Takis, Yiorgos Karras here from Dayton. Ive been using the 1608 now for a couple of years with excellent results, although the reverbs aren't the greatest, the delays are usable. I keep an ipod touch velcro'ed right on my bouzouki which makes life so much easier to make level adjustments on the fly out in the crowd. Good luck with the dl32r. It looks like a great unit. Na'se kala kai xronia pola.

walterw:

--- Quote from: takis on January 02, 2015, 06:40:06 PM ---So, for those who will be trying this system for the first time, make sure you pay attention to the setup of each channel's compresor.gate setings.. even more important, the output comp/gate settings...

--- End quote ---
slightly off-topic, but i don't see where you'd ever want to gate an output, and personally i don't see many reasons to compress an output either, outside of setting up hard limiting that should ideally never kick in, like for IEMs or speaker protection.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version