Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Any special trick or settings for recording good, clean bass via mixer?

<< < (5/5)

Jerrylee:
You can record the dl mix with most audio apps. Tascam, Auria, garage band, and many more.

WK154:
I use Voice Record in conjunction with Documents to get rid of little Hitlers (Jobs) concept of computers. All free apps. It allows me to transfer files to anywhere I need what I recorded without the iCloud. At present I don't record anything using the DL for many reasons other than this. PCMrecorder (Tascam) stores files within the app and it's not visible to other apps. Strictly a record and play app on the iPad. You can however transfer files to the iCloud ;D

JMc:
I just want to make sure that I'm crystal clear on this...  So, if I install the Tascam app on my iPad (I tried on my iPhone yesterday and the app crashed and locked up immediately), I can open up the Master Fader app, exit briefly, open the Tascam app, start recording, go back to my Master Fader app and Tascam PCM will continue to record the DL mix in the background the same way as if I hit "record" on the Master Fader screen?  Only it will store it in a different way (within the Tascam app, for example)  that allows instant playback for tweaking purposes? 

WK154:
I don't know about the iPhone aspects but it works just fine on my 3rd gen iPad. Just don't hit record on MF when using PCMrecord. Just switch back and forth between MF and PCM.

amitcv:
JMc,
Did you get confirmation on your question? Were you able to record using another App while mixing using the Master fader?

Thanks
Amit

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version