Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

QSC TouchMix

<< < (4/10) > >>

yigba:
I don't know - that touch screen looks mighty small. And if the IPad breaks you get a new one. If that touch screen breaks the unit goes bye bye for a while to be fixed. I'll take the detachable IPad.

Wynnd:
In many bands, there are at least one other musician who has either an ipad or iphone that can act as a back up.  I've got an ipad 2 and an iphone 4S.  The trombone player has an ipad too.  (He loaded up Master Fader, but My Fader will work on it fine too.) 

musicman7722:
Nice looking video and yes it is feature rich.  My whole system is QSC K series so I do trust the brand.  But then over the years I've owned a lot of Mackie stuff too and never really had any series complaints.

What I'm thinking is what will the PA world look like in just 2 years, wow things are exploding.  How about the new EV powered tops with a built in computer for settings for $399.  It is a great time to still be playing.  I too am 60 years old and coming off a major broken right arm  Three breaks in the upper arm but guess what I can play again.  First partial gig is Saturday.  Will mix half the night on my DL and play the other half.

Sorry to babble but in the end I feel we are all friends here :D

CP

soundman:
Features, which make it very interesting:
- channel selective phantom power
- DCA-Groups with PARAMETRIC EQ
- Multitrack recording
- more I/O

robbocurry:
The price is going to be key.
I would really like to add the 16 channel recording option to every gig.
I used to be able to do that with my previous mixers but it involved bringing a laptop and a lot of extra hassle plus firewire sync issues that randomly killed the FOH output :-[
Now I don't have that option anymore, I think I need it again ;D
How this compares in price to a QU-16 is going to be the killer for me.
I have no plans to part with the DL, it's too handy and versatile & having two small "virtual fader" equipped mixers might be foolish.
Recently there has been a large gulf in the prices between UK and US musical equipment, if this is $1299 in the US, it will probably end up £1299 here in the UK :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version