Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

WTF! 3.0 lags so hard it's barely usable!

<< < (36/45) > >>

Wynnd:
I've got a decent shoulder bag for the mini with a logitech keyboard that will hold the mini at an adjustable angle.  If I have a table, it's very convenient.  If not, I sometimes just grab the mini.  I find it big enough to function.  I dock my ipad 2.  If I'm rehearsing or gigging the mini is more likely to have OnSong up on it.  (Don't make too many changes while playing.)  If I'm playing keys, the mixing stack is to my left within reach.  Playing bass, the mixing stack is usually out of reach.  I mixed mostly from my mini at the wedding reception I ran sound for about a week ago.  (Tony Exum Jr's jazz group.)  Was sitting down on the far side of the dance floor with the keyboard and mini in my lap.

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on February 17, 2015, 01:50:01 AM ---I've got a decent shoulder bag for the mini with a logitech keyboard that will hold the mini at an adjustable angle.  If I have a table, it's very convenient.  If not, I sometimes just grab the mini.  I find it big enough to function.  I dock my ipad 2.  If I'm rehearsing or gigging the mini is more likely to have OnSong up on it.  (Don't make too many changes while playing.)  If I'm playing keys, the mixing stack is to my left within reach.  Playing bass, the mixing stack is usually out of reach.  I mixed mostly from my mini at the wedding reception I ran sound for about a week ago.  (Tony Exum Jr's jazz group.)  Was sitting down on the far side of the dance floor with the keyboard and mini in my lap.

--- End quote ---

Wynnd;

Thanks for your input!  :thu: It's certainly something worth considering in the future, or when the planets align.  ;)

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: sam.spoons on February 16, 2015, 11:45:31 PM ---[...] you would still pay the tax on the amount 'received'
--- End quote ---
Exactly, you legally have to pay tax on the amount you "charged" them and then when you "give it back" you can deduct it - it's a net wash at best actually. But what folks here commonly do is deduct it without declaring the "income", so they profit from this tax fraud (unless/until caught).

pytchley:

--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on February 17, 2015, 12:32:25 AM ---Hey Wynnd,

You mentioned a few times that you use MF on an iPad Mini. Just curious if it's still visually easy to run it on a smaller screen? I would think that the mini would be lighter to carry around at the gig as opposed to the iPad 2. I'm thinking of future ideas for the upcoming birthday in March, Fathers Day and next Christmas all rolled into one. Not for myself of course.  :laugh:

--- End quote ---

I'm pretty short sighted but much prefer to use the mini when I'm doing FOH. I have both ipads in sleeve360 cases that strap firmly onto my hand and after using the mini the 3 seems heavy and unwieldy. I have no problems with the size of the mini's screen despite having fat fingers. On the other hand when I'm playing drums I have the mini to my left clamped to the overhead mic stand and I do have a problem seeing it clearly. The band has three multi instrumentalists who are forever changing instruments so I just have a view group of them on it for muting/unmuting and the 3 sits on my right on a flight case and I pick it up when I need to adjust something else.

Wynnd:
And on a motorcycle trip, the ipad mini takes over all my internet access, e-mail, and Skype duties while taking up a very small portion of the saddlebag.  I don't carry my MacBook with me anymore for that.  (Even without my laptop bag, the mini bagged is half the size of the laptop.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version