Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

WTF! 3.0 lags so hard it's barely usable!

<< < (38/45) > >>

nottooloud:
My Air still resyncs on my upgraded third DL1608.

sam.spoons:
I used MF3 for the first time over the weekend. Yes it's very good but definitely less intuitive than MF2. I also found it slow to respond to page changes on my iPad 3 and sometimes seems to hang for a short while. OTOH the GEQ is perfect ally workable now and the extra facilities are great. I'll try to do a comparison between the iPad 2 and iPad 3 this week to see if one responds more quickly.

Rdmitch:
can you use the mini attached to the mixer and use the ipad 2 as a remote mixer ?
I would prefer the bigger I pad as the remote since the screen is larger.

I have never noticed any issue with re syncing and have an ipad 2 attached to the mixer and use an ipad air 2 remotely.  But then again, I never look at the mixer once the gains are set.  I just keep the remote with me and find a good vantage spot out front to park my butt. 

Is there any notable sound issue when it goes thru a re sync ? 

The found the Ipad 2 to be better than the ipad 3. The 3 has a retina display so it soaks up a bit more computing power off the chip to run the graphics.   

nottooloud:

--- Quote from: Rdmitch on March 18, 2015, 03:21:31 PM ---I would prefer the bigger I pad as the remote since the screen is larger.

I have never noticed any issue with re syncing and have an ipad 2 attached to the mixer and use an ipad air 2 remotely.  But then again, I never look at the mixer once the gains are set.  I just keep the remote with me and find a good vantage spot out front to park my butt. 

Is there any notable sound issue when it goes thru a re sync ? 

--- End quote ---

I always use my mini for the remote. Much easier to hold and use while walking around, fits in a coat pocket so I don't have to find a place to put it down, controls are still plenty big even for my 57 year old eyes.

Resync is usually very brief, and nothing changes in the sound. You just don't have control for a few seconds. My theory is that the resyncs are actually very common but that people just don't see them because, like you, they're not watching the mixer.

RoadRanger:
I've gotten so used to the docked iPad resyncing that I just don't worry about it any more. It doesn't affect either recording or playing music. The Behringer X-Air doesn't even have a wired option for the iPad so the DL1608 being somewhat flaky on the docked iPad isn't a negative IMO.

And using the iPad Mini remotely is a lot easier than carrying around the full sized one - especially because mine are in big, bulky cases (Griffin Survivors).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version