Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Gain knob problems... DL 1608

<< < (2/4) > >>

jeretv:

--- Quote from: pytchley on July 24, 2016, 09:32:52 PM ---Did someone pour a beer on it?

--- End quote ---

Haha. Definitely didn't happen because it was used in our church!  Thanks all for the info. Ive setup amd run mixes in many different settings, but never had to clean a board.  Another stupid question for ya. Do I have to disassemble the cover and spray on the board side, or do I just pop off the knobs and spray it there?  At this moment, we can't afford to buy another mixer so I'm trying to slap a bandaid on this one till the funds come in.  Also, we charge the iPad on the dock and leave it there all week. Would you recommend turning off the board and charging it separately?  Again, thanks for all the info

Ampli:

--- Quote from: jeretv on July 28, 2016, 08:10:09 PM ---
--- Quote from: pytchley on July 24, 2016, 09:32:52 PM ---Did someone pour a beer on it?

--- End quote ---

Haha. Definitely didn't happen because it was used in our church!  Thanks all for the info. Ive setup amd run mixes in many different settings, but never had to clean a board.  Another stupid question for ya. Do I have to disassemble the cover and spray on the board side, or do I just pop off the knobs and spray it there?  At this moment, we can't afford to buy another mixer so I'm trying to slap a bandaid on this one till the funds come in.  Also, we charge the iPad on the dock and leave it there all week. Would you recommend turning off the board and charging it separately?  Again, thanks for all the info

--- End quote ---
What is the tempertur of the dl after this week? Does it feel hot? Mine feels hot already after 10 hours off uses
I would try charging it seperaly and turning the dl off between Uses, this can be the sources off your problem
Could also be that the heat damage the pcb whee the connectors are monted on (soldering)

dpdan:
Ampli may be on to something here...,
I too would recommend not charging the iPad in the dock

Rdmitch:
You do not need to disassemble the unit,use a quality tuner cleaner with a spray tube and get as close around the pots as you can.  Work it in by turning the gains a few times.
As far as charging the iPad on the mixer, I don't think it's a bad idea if you don't for a few hours but certainly
not overnight or all day.  The mixer really is not made be powered on 24/7 

WK154:

--- Quote from: Rdmitch on July 30, 2016, 01:46:42 PM ---You do not need to disassemble the unit,use a quality tuner cleaner with a spray tube and get as close around the pots as you can.  Work it in by turning the gains a few times.
As far as charging the iPad on the mixer, I don't think it's a bad idea if you don't for a few hours but certainly
not overnight or all day.  The mixer really is not made be powered on 24/7

--- End quote ---
I doubt that cleaner will have any effect with sealed pots. Did someone drop something heavy on the pots.
As to the operating time I ran mine 24/7/months on end without adverse affects. Do charge your iPod on the original charger instead of the DL.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version