Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

docked iPad loses sync

<< < (2/44) > >>

nottooloud:

--- Quote from: WK154 on October 28, 2013, 05:23:20 PM ---My iPad is a 3 and I don't know how Mackie implemented Sync determination other than poorly. If data is coming over the pseudo USB lines and surviving the sync disconnect then there is an obvious problem. I can make it fail with<90% charge on the ipad. Large charging current disrupts the frail USB lines or whatever other way they have of determining Sync. This problem existed since day 1.

--- End quote ---

Always has a full charge, doesn't get undocked, so that's probably not it. Airplane mode makes no difference, for whatever that's worth.

You say you can make it fail? How? I would love to reproduce it at will, give us a chance to solve it.

Is anyone else seeing this? It's complete loss of mixer control. I would think people would be screaming if it was at all common. 

Oddeotek:
Same thing happening to me. I have a 1st generation iPad docked and am using the iPad mini wirelessly. The docked iPad frequently unlocks and when I try to manually connect it says "looking for device name". Neither of the iPads will charge anymore while docked. This just started happening since the last update. The wireless iPad mini using an Apple Express has been very solid.

WK154:
Read all about it! This leads to failure with a cable (3ft.) and low battery.
http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=222.0
Great forum if you can read.

nottooloud:

--- Quote from: WK154 on October 28, 2013, 08:06:19 PM ---Read all about it! This leads to failure with a cable (3ft.) and low battery.
http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=222.0
Great forum if you can read.

--- End quote ---

I have failure with no extension cable and a full battery.

Thanks, though. It's true that I have not read every message in the entire forum, and I am duly ashamed.

WK154:
No need to read all posts just do a search on your problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version