Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

2nd Hand DL1608 - not selling

<< < (3/3)

stevegarris:

--- Quote from: WK154 on July 18, 2017, 03:29:30 AM ---
--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on July 17, 2017, 11:33:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: stevegarris on July 14, 2017, 06:23:31 PM ---Agree with everything pytchley said. Perhaps he's asking for too much? I've seen them locally for as little as $250, which is a bargain IMO.

--- End quote ---

Hey Steve, They're (DL1608) still selling brand new here in T.O., if you can get one. And they retail for about $750.00 before taxes!  :o

--- End quote ---
KM he can probably get them for free if he goes dumpster diving in his hometown at Mackie.  :)

--- End quote ---

My buddy who works at Mackie says they are still selling like hotcakes and they can't keep them in stock. I'm considering a DL32 very soon.

4mal:
My 'big board' is an SI 3 with the new 32x12Mini Stagebox.  love it... safely it is a two guy move up to the FOH position.  The preamps are wonderful..

My personal mixer is a DL-1608 - love it as well.  Insanely convenient, powerful little bugger.  The software absolutely smokes that with the Soundcraft.  Mine started as a 30 pin and about $80 later has the Lightning connnector and iPad Air sized tray.  The preamps in the Mackie aren't in the same league as the SI given the SI 3 is like over 3 grand... you would expect something to be better...

I would probably snag a used 32 R and sell off the 1608 if one presented itself in a opportunistic buying scenario...  it would still be my personal mixer but would also serve as a backup to the SC board for Sound Company gigs.

dpdan:

--- Quote from: 4mal on August 01, 2017, 03:14:00 AM ---The preamps in the Mackie aren't in the same league as the SI given the SI 3 is like over 3 grand... you would expect something to be better...

--- End quote ---

Why does everyone assume that just because one company's console is more expensive, that the lesser expensive brand console has "preamps" that just don't measure up, or,.... "are not in the same leaque"?
Why do people judge a mixer by it's preamps. Preamps are just part of the sound even though the preamp is the first section of the console where the analog audio is injected, and is very important.
If the pramps are junk then yes, nothing after that can make up the difference.
In a sound console that is intended and designed to be used as a "live" mixer, then the headroom is equally important to sound quality as is also true in a recording studio console.

I would like to know what kind of test you did to determine that "The preamps in the Mackie aren't in the same league as the SI"
Let's do a test, I'm up for it.
Dan

WK154:
I think this says it all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMLZl52az6g
Compare preamps??? Really! So you have a AP5xx or equivalent?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version