Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Bluetooth and Apple

<< < (3/6) > >>

WK154:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on August 31, 2014, 11:34:54 PM ---Thought I made myself very clear about Bluetooth and Apple.  That all works for me and my Apple products.  I don't see the issues the OP made affecting my life.  I do wish that Siri would give corner to corner directions through my bluetooth helmet communication device.  It doesn't.  Everything else works on that and I suspect it's the version of bluetooth supported by the Scala Q2 headset that is the limiting factor.

--- End quote ---
That's good your not affected, a G9 would answer your other wishes I believe. As to Apple's requirement for Bluetooth with the current iOS, here is their statement:
Note: iOS requires that the remote Bluetooth device support an encrypted connection. When you establish a pairing record between your iOS device and a Bluetooth device, you are setting up encryption between the two devices.
That means Bluetooth V2.1 or later where encryption was mandatory. No backward compatibility.
Ampli, some old radio and some old phone are real specific. ::)

WK154:
If you want WiFi and Bluetooth running on you iPad or other device it's best to run WiFi on solely the 5 Gig band and Bluetooth will be happy on 2.4 Gig. This may be a problem with the Airport Express but not with most other access points such as Airport Extreme. I could not find a way to limit Airport Express to 5 Gigs only. I don't own one and never will. If someone found a way speak up. This means that it could use 2.4 and both WiFi and Bluetooth would suffer from speed loss. Remember airwaves are a half duplex media, only one device per frequency.

Wynnd:
You need different names on 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz anyway.  Make the passwords different and don't let your ios devices have the one for 2.4Ghz.  It's a work around, but it does work.  (Pretty much what I have going on with my Airport Express.  My iphone only does 2.4Ghz and I don't have any bluetooth devices on my mixer or network.)(

WK154:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on September 08, 2014, 02:08:40 AM ---You need different names on 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz anyway.  Make the passwords different and don't let your ios devices have the one for 2.4Ghz.  It's a work around, but it does work.  (Pretty much what I have going on with my Airport Express.  My iphone only does 2.4Ghz and I don't have any bluetooth devices on my mixer or network.)(

--- End quote ---
Got it, multiple new networks but still no choice on frequency band, so how will that be determined? Pot luck?

Wynnd:
Look for both WiFi Networks.  Select the 5Ghz one.  (Mine is named NoInternetHere 5Gz)  apply the correct password and never select the other network.  It should always connect up to the correct WiFi because it's already got the password for it and has been connected in the past.  Then you can also stop it from asking to connect to new networks, because its been connected up previously to the only one you want to use.  That should make it work the way you want it to work.  (Without regard to what kind of WiFi router you're using.  Should work with any of them.) I went with an Airport Express because of familiarity with the product.  I was a PC/Network tech and even though it's been more than 10 years since I was doing that, I'm pretty sure I could handle it without regard to manufacturer or OS.  (Linux and Windows included.)  And in desperation, I could always get my Son to help.  (Neither of us has been able to help the other much in the last 10 years.  He works for Digital Globe.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version