Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Bluetooth and Apple

<< < (6/6)

WK154:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on November 21, 2014, 02:30:16 AM ---Just went to wearing hearing aids and they have bluetooth connection available to my ipad mini.  In this situation, you can easily see that bluetooth is at best a bit flakey.  Can't listen through my hearing aids without occasional gaps.  (Usually short.)   Just thought you might want to know.

--- End quote ---
My guess is that it's a V4.0 device with very limited range (class III) unless they provide a battery pack externally. Distance (power) has been the only problem I've ever encountered aside from backward compatibilty.

Wynnd:
The hearing aids are brand new.  The app for control is geared to the iphone 5 and later.  Got to admit that the ipad mini's antenna is a bit weak.  Now the iphone 4S that I have has two very good antennas.  (But the app doesn't run right on it.) My guess is that it would work nearly perfectly with an iphone 5 or later. 

WK154:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on November 21, 2014, 02:45:49 AM ---The hearing aids are brand new.  The app for control is geared to the iphone 5 and later.  Got to admit that the ipad mini's antenna is a bit weak.  Now the iphone 4S that I have has two very good antennas.  (But the app doesn't run right on it.) My guess is that it would work nearly perfectly with an iphone 5 or later.

--- End quote ---
Unless you have a big lump hanging out of your ear the limit is the hearing aid. The mini no doubt has a similar range as the iPad and certainly is not the problem. My Jawbone only lasts a few hrs. before recharge. I trust your hearing aid has a longer operating time.

Wynnd:
Much longer, but the batteries are air/zinc (?) and last about 5 days.  (When activated.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version