Other Digital Mixers > Behringer X-Air

X18 X18R X16R X12R Details & Video

<< < (55/86) > >>

James91104:

--- Quote from: WK154 on April 09, 2015, 04:32:41 PM ---
--- Quote from: Ben Dover on April 09, 2015, 02:45:06 PM ---Looks like they're having problems with the XR18, a lot of units are being swapped out due to:
DOA
Wifi connectivity
Noisy channels
Phantom power issues
etc, etc, etc

Mackie wouldn't get away with that level of a mess, not with some of the posters here.
One rule for Mackie and another rule for Behringer.
Oh the hypocrisy.....

--- End quote ---
Where do you get that information? Do you work for Sweetwater or Behringer? Are you basing it on Vernon's unit? Really!

--- End quote ---

Might actually have been based on Dick Rubwright`s unit. :o

WK154:
That makes it two unit's WOW!

RoadRanger:
"When in Trouble, When in Doubt - Run Around, Scream and Shout" x( :lol:

sam.spoons:
TBF Mackie haven't been entirely free from trouble with the DL series. I have a foot in both camps, DL 1608 and X32 Compact and Rack, At work I use A&H iLive and GLD but I don't follow their forums. I suspect they have a similar fail rate (percentage wise) to the "unprofessional" (I quote a tech rider I had to deal with last year) kit from Berry and Mackie. I can't speak for the XRs but with over 300,000 X32s out in the wild there should be far more failures than are being reported on the forums. Equally the DLs, while having a few issues (none with mine BTW though I have reverted to MF Classic as my iPads are old school), are proving to be extremely useful. Mine is for sale but I won't sell cheap, if it doesn't make a decent return I'd rather keep it for bar gigs and as a backup.

nottooloud:

--- Quote from: sam.spoons on April 09, 2015, 08:04:53 PM ---At work I use A&H iLive and GLD but I don't follow their forums. I suspect they have a similar fail rate (percentage wise) to the "unprofessional" (I quote a tech rider I had to deal with last year) kit from Berry and Mackie.

--- End quote ---

Actually, I doubt it. I can't recall hearing of a common issue with any Yamaha console outside of the early (LS9? 01V96? I forget which) faders that didn't have seals, and I'd be shocked if my LS9 failed in any way. Likewise, my QSC TouchMix is a solid piece of kit, hardwarewise. Better really is better. QSC totally screwed the pooch on their software design, but it does what they designed it to do, limitations and all. Some amount of failure is absolutely my expectation with Mackie and Behringer. That's why I'm not particularly upset that I'm on my 3rd DL1608 and my 2nd XR18, or that I had to buy a 3rd party power supply beat the grounding issue on my DL.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version