Author Topic: Master fader access limiting  (Read 3107 times)

K-Dubber

Master fader access limiting
« on: December 30, 2015, 07:21:55 PM »
So my singer is having way too much fun with his new iPhone and master fader app - playing with levels while I'm trying to sound check, just to wind me up! All harmless fun of course, but am I right in thinking if I want to limit his access on his phone to just his monitor mix, I have to have his phone in my hand and do it on that device? Surely I should be able to limit ALL access to just my iPad via that iPad only? Am I missing something simple here?

Wynnd

• Master
Re: Master fader access limiting
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 07:51:12 PM »
Yes you can.  I would block every output except his monitor.  It's gotten to from the app on his phone.  touch the gear in the upper right and select Access Limits.  Every button that's red will be blocked.  You can also put a password on it too.    (I'm holding off using that unless someone gets stupid.)   You can tell him what you are going to do.  If he refuses to work with you, change your WiFi password to just lock him out.  Most guys will be willing to work with you.  I have a very long passphrase that I will put into their device, but I don't give to them.  I usually set up the access limits at the same time. He might just be willing to listen to you if you tell him to cut it out.  (Maybe.)

Good luck.

K-Dubber

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 07:56:07 PM »
Thanks for reply. That's what I thought, it has to be from the device you want to block. That seems a bit odd to me. Would have thought the docked iPad would be able to set limits for all other devices.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 07:22:09 AM »
Just remember that you still control whether he has access at all or not.  Make your point, ask him to behave and let him know that you don't have time to screw around and if he causes you any pain, he won't have any access to the mixer.  Probably just better to ask for his help because you never know when you'll need that extra time to fix a problem that wasn't supposed to happen.  (that stuff happens all the time.)  Get the guy on your side and he'll probably set his own access limits.