Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

My Fader 3.0

<< < (15/17) > >>

Keyboard Magic:
Maybe they could build new mixers with AI. Set everything up at the venue, power up the board and it automatically runs everything with minimal input from the operator. But how far do you go? It could literally get to the point where anyone off the street could run a show without any experience at all.  :'(

WK154:

--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on March 05, 2015, 10:32:13 PM ---Maybe they could build new mixers with AI. Set everything up at the venue, power up the board and it automatically runs everything with minimal input from the operator. But how far do you go? It could literally get to the point where anyone off the street could run a show without any experience at all.  :'(

--- End quote ---
Already being done, and you thought you were indispensable.  ;)

Keyboard Magic:
Just found this after a quick google:

AES E-Library

Mixing and Artificial Intelligence

[Feature] Mixing engineers are not yet made redundant by new technology, but there are a number of common trends in the ways people mix. These can enable automatic systems to emulate the behavior of sound mixers, with the aim of bringing a mix somewhere close to what a human engineer might achieve. There is also a role for novel controllers and technology-assisted mixing tools to make the human engineer’s job more straightforward in the age of multiple channels and 3-D mixing

Very interesting

WK154:
Magic Leap and M$ Hololens are  some of the technology hopefully just around the corner.

gerenm63:
Any actual update on progress with My Fader 3? Someone mentioned that it had been submitted to the App Store folks? Any truth to that? Or, is it still in a limited beta? Inquiring minds want to know. Not to mention, my wife, as she's waiting less and less patiently for me to be able to transfer my iPad Mini over to her.... :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version