Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Dl32r multitrack recording- different volume during playback

(1/3) > >>

Markk70:
We have been recording at rehearsal and my drummer insists the volumes when the tracks are played back are different then when we play live.  Do I have a crazy drummer or is anybody else experiencing this issue?

Michael Welter:
You have a crazy drummer.  ;)

My experience is that the recorded playback sounds like it's live.

Wynnd:
And if you're mixing down with any audio editor, you can normalize every channel.  (Something I always do.)  So it's not much of an issue.   Definitely not something to get upset about.

Soundbyte:
I recently did a 24 track recording and yes, when I played the tracks back they were hotter. They were also peaking like crazy. It's possible that the trims need to be adjusted prior to laying down tracks, however I haven't tried it yet.

Markk70:
We tried it again this week and some of the recorded tracks are hotter.  So, I noticed that mute does not work when playing back multitrack?  Is it possible none of the effect/compressor work when playing back usb audio?  That would certainly account for hotter tracks as the louder ones have compressor when recorded live.    While this isn't a big deal if recording for a CD, it makes the machine worthless for virtual playback.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version