Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Anyone using LD Maui 28 systems or Bose L1

<< < (2/7) > >>

Kev tyler:
Hi guys

Juggling the purchase of two maui 28 over a 44'

My heart says go with a single 44, but  brain says doubling up of 44 could lead to castration.

is anyone using a 44?

Cheers

Kev

Kev tyler:
Well I heard the Maui 28 last night, very good for small gigs and the sound does sound pretty well distributed around the room,

I then had the pleasure to listen to a pair of lifeless 12 inch plastic  boxes on stands,

Yukk.

Greg C.:

--- Quote from: Kev tyler on September 24, 2015, 08:57:10 AM ---Well I heard the Maui 28 last night, very good for small gigs and the sound does sound pretty well distributed around the room,

I then had the pleasure to listen to a pair of lifeless 12 inch plastic  boxes on stands,

Yukk.

--- End quote ---

Not all plastic boxes are lifeless. EV makes some pretty decent ones and RCF makes some truly pro high output boxes with great sound.

Kev tyler:
Yes I should have said they where thomanns own range, without any  subs , a situation where many plastic boxes also sound lifeless,

Personally I like the FBT gear, but  in general  12 "  speakers on sticks without sub, sounds  horrible to me, unless it's for a quiz or bingo.

:)

Greg C.:

--- Quote from: Kev tyler on September 25, 2015, 11:42:35 AM ---Yes I should have said they where thomanns own range, without any  subs , a situation where many plastic boxes also sound lifeless,

Personally I like the FBT gear, but  in general  12 "  speakers on sticks without sub, sounds  horrible to me, unless it's for a quiz or bingo.

:)

--- End quote ---

I've heard good things about FBT. As far as subs, I think any system sound better with them including arena sized, so long as they're called for as far as genre of course :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version