Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL16S/32S "Offical Info from Mackie"

<< < (7/14) > >>

WK154:
Well another month gone by. I guess we all got a trick instead of a treat. A sad state of affairs.

WK154:
Well another month gone by, it's time to roast the Turkey's at Mackie. It's now been four months since the last update of demo-ware. Actually it's been more like nine months since the original Marketing B.S. about 5.1. Until Mackie finally gets their software group in order they are best selling analog mixers and speakers. It's time for their owners Transom to take a hard look at the performance of their investment. Behringer, no angel in this business may even beat Mackie to their unannounced v2.0 firmware for X-Air. They already released V4.0 for the X32 series and will bury Axis with the Wing. Mackie is only trying to keep up with what should have been the top priority several years ago while they were briefly ahead. Reminds me of V1.4 days by Mackie. Old habits die hard.
Update:
It's seems that a change in guard is underway based on job openings at Loud Audio LLC (Mackie) at the top (VP) level and in tech. Hope this will help down the road but not certainly on this issue.
Recent job openings:
Vice President Of Product Development
Vice President of Sales and Marketing
Embedded Systems (Firmware) Engineer
Digital Marketing Manager

WK154:
Well another month bites the dust, apparently this time the head Grinch stole the code for V5.1 MF. So can we officially declare V5.1 as vaporware? I do remember Mackie stating that the release should be perfect and without issues. That of course is their understanding of software development since perfect will never happen.

nedorama:

--- Quote from: WK154 on December 24, 2019, 12:44:40 AM ---Well another month bites the dust, apparently this time the head Grinch stole the code for V5.1 MF. So can we officially declare V5.1 as vaporware? I do remember Mackie stating that the release should be perfect and without issues. That of course is their understanding of software development since perfect will never happen.

--- End quote ---

Thinking that anything will happen the week of Christmas or next is too much. Wait for NAMM; I'm going and will be happy to talk to the folks at LOUD to see if more will be revealed or if they're demoing 5.1.

WK154:

--- Quote from: nedorama on December 24, 2019, 07:40:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: WK154 on December 24, 2019, 12:44:40 AM ---Well another month bites the dust, apparently this time the head Grinch stole the code for V5.1 MF. So can we officially declare V5.1 as vaporware? I do remember Mackie stating that the release should be perfect and without issues. That of course is their understanding of software development since perfect will never happen.

--- End quote ---

Thinking that anything will happen the week of Christmas or next is too much. Wait for NAMM; I'm going and will be happy to talk to the folks at LOUD to see if more will be revealed or if they're demoing 5.1.

--- End quote ---
My concern is that BenO enticed the Mackie firmware guy to an Amazon job (opening for a firmware engineer at Mackie). This would be a real blow to Mackie and could prevent V5.1 to be released. You'll enjoy this article (play the video instead of the text) about cross-platform development on iOS/Android/macOS. Mackie probably didn't take this route (too bad).   https://academy.realm.io/posts/swift-on-android/ by Eric Wing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version