Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

I GOT IT <DL32R> TODAY!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

<< < (8/9) > >>

dean3:
Thanks you all for the posts. While I am not a pro sound engineer, I have had my hands in sound gear for 30+ years, so at least I am not a newbie. Setup  is iPod plugged into 25 /26 with no sub group or vca. Coming out of 13 & 14 to a crown power amp and into my passive EV's. I did finally get sound, but it's nasty. It is acting like there is a gate on it. I have checked both channels and the gates are off, comps are off, no effects, no eq. I can see the levels on the channels and on the main. I don't get any sound out unless I turn it way up, and then it is distorted. So in short it sounds like my level in is way to hot, but as far as I can tell that is not the case. I also have nothing at the headphone jack. I also tried just plugging a mic in and I get the same distorted sound. I have not changed any of the routing and that is still showing main outs at # 13 & 14.... Mackies phone support has been closed since Christmas Eve. I think they open tomorrow, but I will be at work...

Fluddman:
That's a real bummer. I am sure Mackie will get it sorted out for you. But it is disappointing that this should happen. It should be a no questions asked replacement.

I hope it happens quickly!

WK154:
If you had an external signal source such as a Pink Stick or equivalent it would be straight forward to localize the problem. It does sound like a return. A single frequency source at 1K or 400 hz would be useful even a recorded one on the iPad. Now and in the future.

Wynnd:
30 years, might not be a pro, but you're probably not doing anything wrong.  It sounds to me like a bad unit.  Definitely call Mackie's support, but I'm guessing a replacement will be at your home before the end of next week.  When they had to swap out my DL1608, they sent the replacement and I had 10 days to pack up the defective unit and ship it back.  (Bad connector.)  I was out of a mixer for about an hour.  Your situation doesn't sound as good.  (And it also sounds like the first bad unit we've heard about.  Mackie will want this fixed quickly.)

dean3:
I got in touch with Mackie last night. It is indeed a bad unit. They are overnighting a replacement out on Monday. Less than a minute wait time on the phone after being closed since Christmas Eve. They are as anxious as I am to get this resolved and really couldn't have done more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version