Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master Fader v3.1 Now Available

<< < (8/11) > >>

Keyboard Magic:
I have to revise my report on the "quirky" Main Fader in MF 3.1. I was just playing with it on this iPad 2 for about 2 minutes. My goodness it's absolutely possessed!  :eek: The channel fader right next to it was laggy, but nothing like this OIY !!  I was running it in demo mode. I can't imagine what it would be like "live" if you weren't very careful with it. If you move it slowly it behaves.

I then retested this on my iPad Air 2 and no issues at this time. Very smooth no matter how fast you moved the Main Fader. It's got to be the faster CPU and more system memory that can deal with this. It does appear IMHO to be another potential "issue" with MF 3.1 running on the iPad 2 and any other models that have the same specs. The great YouTube video posted by ijpengelly is 100% spot on!  :thu:  8)

JohnMHoyt:

--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on May 01, 2015, 12:57:02 AM ---I have to revise my report on the "quirky" Main Fader in MF 3.1. I was just playing with it on this iPad 2 for about 2 minutes. My goodness it's absolutely possessed!  :eek: The channel fader right next to it was laggy, but nothing like this OIY !!  I was running it in demo mode. I can't imagine what it would be like "live" if you weren't very careful with it. If you move it slowly it behaves.

I then retested this on my iPad Air 2 and no issues at this time. Very smooth no matter how fast you moved the Main Fader. It's got to be the faster CPU and more system memory that can deal with this. It does appear IMHO to be another potential "issue" with MF 3.1 running on the iPad 2 and any other models that have the same specs. The great YouTube video posted by ijpengelly is 100% spot on!  :thu:  8)

--- End quote ---

Well now you have me concerned. While I use iPad Air 2 for foh tech, I use an iPad 2 for our monitors on stage. I rarely twiddle the main except at initial sound check, but that could be an issue.

At least we have pro audio companies providing sound at both of our festival gigs this weekend..... So no worries until next weekend. Heh

Keyboard Magic:
Hi John,

I was able to reproduce the bug on my iPad 2 but it may not be that way for others or you. Hopefully? We may be panicking prematurely. Have you tried this on your iPad 2 yet? It may be okay and if it does, I think if you are careful with the Main Fader it should work just fine.

Fingers crossed!  ;)

ijpengelly:
What I am going to have to try when I am home later is what happens with the actual audio, the fader jumps, but I wonder if the level does the same or if it smoothly comes up? Don't know if anyone else can quickly test this?

nottooloud:

--- Quote from: rmcassady on April 28, 2015, 06:01:39 PM ---https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mackie-master-fader/id511500747?mt=8

We just released Master Fader v3.1 to the App Store.

--- End quote ---

Is this backwards compatible to the firmware from 3.0?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version