Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Voice record pro/ voice record pro7

<< < (2/8) > >>

stevegarris:
I would also like to learn the basics of recording my live shows. I've stayed away from it after reading about the MF recording program and it's limitations.

So what you're saying here is that you install this voice record program on a spare iPad, connect it via the headphone 1/8 jack to a main or mon output on the board, and make your recordings?

Silvertopsolarnut:
I haven't set this up yet, I'm trying not to make any mistakes.  I used to record on our old bands Presonus to Mac mini.  I believe this is correct, just looking for anyone who has done this.  I'm not looking for studio quality, just something I can mix out for a descent sound and not spend a lot on......

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Silvertopsolarnut on April 16, 2015, 09:24:26 PM ---I was just unsure how to hard connect the I pad with the dl1608 main out XLRs.  I went looking and found 1/8 to XLRs mic adapters on line for external iPad mics.  I didn't know the phone out was also the mic in......If I'm going down the wrong path let me know.

--- End quote ---
Why aren't you just docking it?

Rick Scofield:
Why not just record to Voice Record via the dock connection?  Why use the XLR output of the dl1608 into a cludgy connector/adapter mess?

Start your voice record software while your iPad is docked and Master Fader is running.  It works fine.  If all you are trying to get is the L/R mains recording.

Silvertopsolarnut:
I have the IPad docked, the recorder works fine but you can't replay back through the house to let everyone listen.  You need to take the I pad home hard connect to our Mac mini and file share through iTunes.  Them I read that people were using Voice record pro and it can play back on the spot, sounds like a winner, but as far as as I can see it just works like a handheld recorder.  That's why I was trying to replace the internal recorder with one that would record our house mix out of the board and give everyone a listen.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version