Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

The mackie DL1608 white noise saga continued..

<< < (3/30) > >>

sam.spoons:
As I've said mine has been faultless but there are enough duff ones out there (a pal of mine from just up the road inManchester has bought one which exhibits exactly this issue), surely when a customer returns a faulty one it's not beyond the wit of the dealer to send the faulty unit back to Mackie with an appropriate report?

If all those who have the "White Noise" problem will post details, (serial number of DL, date purchased, iPad model, iOS and MF versions) it should become obvious if a specific combination of iPad/iOS/DL/MF is most susceptible.

robbocurry:
Hey Sam,
Don't supposed you ever considered a dl swap with your pal just to see what would happen?

WK154:
Robbo this is from the Headmasters office, JL is correct in and I must quote him " It's getting old. Sorry that the truth hurts. ". Yes and you JL can't handle the truth!! Kindly explain this test results:

Quote from: WK154 on July 09, 2014, 08:19:57 AM

The reason that the iPad is the least likely source of the white noise is that all the music docking stations would have similar problems, none are reported AFAIK. It's easy enough to test when the noise happens un-dock the iPad and listen. Does the local speaker have noise or music?

iBloke
    Yep removing the iPad didn't stop the noise when I tried that.
WK154
OK was the noise out of the DL or out of the iPad's built-in speakers?
iBloke
The noise was out of the PA, not the iPad speakers. I shut it down really quickly coz it was waaaay loud.

So that leaves ESP from the iPad to the DL for audio.  >:D A new Mackie innovation. Rumor has it that the DL was designed by Aliens and we now have to wait upon their return for a fix.  :lol:

When a company makes a requirement that in order for proper use of their product you need another (iPad) then it behooves that company to make it work. Statements like this " The white noise problem is NOT A MACKIE ISSUE.. are naive at best. The 3 rules in the supply chain process are 1. NO SINGLE SOURCE. 2. NO SINGLE SOURCE. 3. NO SINGLE SOURCE. Those that violate these rules ultimately pay the price.

robbocurry:
Sorry WK, the dog ate my homework:/

I'm not saying who is to blame and I never said who wasn't to blame either! (check my post)
I just made another suggestion as to what might be the cause.
No disrespect to you or iBloke, but the results of your "extensive" field test are hardly definitive. ;)

Is it not beyond the realms of possibility that the white noise could be triggered by the iPad?
Once triggered, undocking the iPad has no further effect on whatever it has done to the DL - now the dominos are dropping, the ball is rolling, the clock is ticking - you get the idea...?
You're an engineer, can't you see that as a possibility?

Ok, so discarding my theory above completely, I'll get back to a point I'd like to make.
Think about this:
What percentage of DLs are demonstrating this fault?
Does anyone know?
At what percentage could anyone say, without any doubt, that Mackie knew there was a problem from the outset?

Cause, blame, percentages - who really knows? I don't.

What I am sure about is that I didn't agree with the assumption that Mackie released the DL aware of the "white noise" problem.
That is my opinion and you're all welcome to change it with facts if you can. But hey, I really don't care, mine is working fine!

That's the last time I'll put my hand up in class! ::)

Peace out dudes :-*

WK154:
Chill Robbo you only got one sentence and that was to continue your satire on JL's outbursts. Don't read more into it. :)  Blame was never a topic it's quite clear who's to blame, hint starts with M.  So far iBloke's data is the only solid evidence, Abzurd videoed this but it was to short an audio event to be useful but it certainly drove the point home to Mackie. The rest were reports with various hand waving and uncertain conditions but plentiful enough to consider it a problem by any responsible  manufacturer. They have had plenty of opportunity to get faulty units from their returns and test them including iBloke's. As to the trigger for this problem I agree with you that it's started by the MF program as I explained here.
 http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=687.msg6729#msg6729
Mackie knows the numbers but won't fess up. No one AFAIK is saying that they suspected that Mackie knew about the problem at launch but it was pointed out to them early on (over a year ago). We need class participation  ;) . No worries mate as they say down under.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version