Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

The mackie DL1608 white noise saga continued..

<< < (2/30) > >>

Jerrylee:
Yes it is a lot to hump around. Especially when 90%+ of the time I am doing it all on my own. Now I may have to bring in someone to help move everything around. Especially the subs. But wheels and a trailer with a ramp will help tons. I will only be ground stacking so I can still do a lot on my own. When and if I decide to fly the system my prices go way up. Eventually I plan on buying the db technologies flying rig.

robbocurry:
I can't remember the name of them but the same dealer that had the DVA rig had another rig flown from a set of ground stands - a very impressive set of stands they were too. Like a counterbalance system, the price of a PA for them alone. 
The DVA subs are bulky alright, fair play to you working with them on your own.
I take it upstairs gigs will be a thing of the past now......?
You know what's coming next....
You're going to have to buy a desk with proper faders for that rig, I can guess what it'll be ;)

Keyboard Magic:
What this all boils down to, is what ARE we willing to accept when we buy new products and not just audio gear. This happens everywhere. Manufacturers know that their products have issues, but just don’t care anymore. Money is the key factor.

We shouldn’t have to “hope that our $1000.00 or $100.00 piece of gear is going to work every time” It should work all the time. I don’t care who makes it. I’m sure Mackie has known about these issues from day one when the first DL came off the line. If we always say, “I know this happens, but that’s okay, I can ignore that glitch if I do or don’t do this” What does that say about us as consumers?

We all like to bash and bitch about stuff, myself included, but why can’t we put all our animosity towards the manufacturers and each other into more creative ways to force not only Mackie, but all the other manufacturers out there to smarten up and concentrate on quality control and customer satisfaction instead? I think if enough people started to complain more often some things may change.

I'm sure someone out there will say that there’s never enough time to do anything anymore, why should I worry? Well there’s your answer in a nut shell. I guess we’ll all keep on complaining until the cows come home, or whatever!

sam.spoons:
I seem to remember some bloke called Ralph Nader taking the US motor industry to task for continuing to sell cars which crashed and caught fire 'cos it was cheaper to pay the compensation than redesign the car.....

robbocurry:

--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on July 22, 2014, 08:13:07 PM ---What this all boils down to, is what ARE we willing to accept when we buy new products and not just audio gear. This happens everywhere. Manufacturers know that their products have issues, but just don’t care anymore. Money is the key factor.

We shouldn’t have to “hope that our $1000.00 or $100.00 piece of gear is going to work every time” It should work all the time. I don’t care who makes it. I’m sure Mackie has known about these issues from day one when the first DL came off the line. If we always say, “I know this happens, but that’s okay, I can ignore that glitch if I do or don’t do this” What does that say about us as consumers?

We all like to bash and bitch about stuff, myself included, but why can’t we put all our animosity towards the manufacturers and each other into more creative ways to force not only Mackie, but all the other manufacturers out there to smarten up and concentrate on quality control and customer satisfaction instead? I think if enough people started to complain more often some things may change.

I'm sure someone out there will say that there’s never enough time to do anything anymore, why should I worry? Well there’s your answer in a nut shell. I guess we’ll all keep on complaining until the cows come home, or whatever!

--- End quote ---

Hang on a moment.
Can't really say Mackie are complicit in selling faulty goods as nobody has definitively proved the DL is at fault in this issue.
IMHO the biggest variable here is customers' iPads and the software they have on them, not faulty manufacturing or design.
Going with the consensus my DL must be faulty because I have never experienced the white noise issue - what makes mine so different?
I think it's so random Mackie can't even get a handle on it to see how they can address it, their fault or not.
Unless a customer is willing to send their "faulty" DL and iPad back to Mackie, I think it will take a long time to be fixed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version