Author Topic: Master Fader V2 countdown  (Read 13146 times)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Master Fader V2 countdown
« on: October 24, 2013, 05:47:00 PM »
One month and counting. To entertain you Mackie posted on Facebook an article on what REAL users think of the Dl1608. Boy did they get hammered by those real users about V2 release date. Then to top it all off billed Sweetwater as the top music and tech retailer in the music business. I wonder what Guitar Center and others have to say about that? There's a loose cannon in their marketing department that needs to be muzzled.
When in doubt KISS

thedrums

• Youngling
Re: Master Fader V2 countdown
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 06:06:48 PM »
61 shopping days til Christmas. 76 shopping days til Master Fader v2.0 release.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 06:10:29 PM by thedrums »

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 06:26:21 PM »
Is this date a guess or a Mackie planned release?  (And I'll give it about two weeks until the first update to that app.)  Two months isn't very long, but in the vaporware scheme of things, it's a pretty long time.  Apple announced Mavericks and it was available for download later that same day.  (And so far it looks good.  I've got a gap in gigs right now and could stand for things to crash.)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 06:40:21 PM »
How about a Halloween edition. Trick or Treat from Mackie  >:D. NAMM makes it 91 shopping days til Jan 23 2014. There's always Thanksgiving for a DL turkey. Sorry no free presents for Christmas.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 06:45:16 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Keggles

• Youngling
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 03:53:46 AM »
Where did you get the release date by the way ?
I read all the posts that they linked from sweet water and nowhere did they get panned for the delay on V2
Not that I take notice of that sort of thing any way....there is no way they are going to post"this thing is crap"
But you know it would be nice to lose all the negative crap that happens on this forum and just focus on the positives. Where else can you buy a 16 channel digital mixer with comps and gates on every input. 4 way eq with a LPF, 31 band eq on every output and 8 aux sends... 10 years ago you would have had to buy a neve or an ssl with a rack of outboard to boot, and all this for around a grand and you get free updates
I'm sold no matter when they release V2

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 05:06:21 AM »
Just go on Mackie's Facebook page and read. Did I say Sweetwater webpage? If you want sugar coated BS you need to look elsewhere  :lol:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 05:13:12 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 09:15:13 PM »
One month and counting. To entertain you Mackie posted on Facebook an article on what REAL users think of the Dl1608. Boy did they get hammered by those real users about V2 release date. Then to top it all off billed Sweetwater as the top music and tech retailer in the music business. I wonder what Guitar Center and others have to say about that? There's a loose cannon in their marketing department that needs to be muzzled.

Totally agree on that one!  :thu:
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 02:15:33 AM »
Thanks Gio  ;). Wow we now have another race Mackie V2 vs. Behringer V2 who will win? Uli just stated that hopefully a beta will be shown at NAMM.
When in doubt KISS

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 05:16:21 PM »
Thanks Gio  ;). Wow we now have another race Mackie V2 vs. Behringer V2 who will win? Uli just stated that hopefully a beta will be shown at NAMM.

Wouldn't be surprised if Behringer wont that battle  :lol:
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

Fluddman

• Knight
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 06:39:41 AM »
Damn you guys - I had stopped obsessing over version 2 for a while. Now you've gone and reminded me how bad I want it! >:(

abzurd

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2013, 11:49:37 AM »
Thanks Gio  ;) . Wow we now have another race Mackie V2 vs. Behringer V2 who will win? Uli just stated that hopefully a beta will be shown at NAMM.

Wouldn't be surprised if Behringer wont that battle  :lol:

That would be refreshing considering "B" has spent the last 15 years happily losing that battle.  ;)

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2013, 12:58:23 PM »
Terms like DL killer isn't very useful.  Since when is a "new" product from anyone a killer of a good functional product you already own?  As far as a race to version 2 of anything.  I've been watching Apple/Microsoft doing that since 1984.  They both had their own approach and over the years I'd say that both did some serious good, but in very different ways.  MS had their first multi-tasking OS with Windows 95.  Apple had their first one with OS-X in 2002(?)  Yet you could do what you needed done with either one during all those years.  (Multi-tasking was a mainframe necessity but not a desktop necessity.  Now we have that on our cell phones.)   As far as Behringer goes, I hope for their serious improvement.  Pricewise they've been good, but inexpensive and cheaply made isn't good.  Mackie has had their times of getting close to cheaply made, but I'm hoping those days are gone.  I had a CFX-12 Mackie in the past.  Aux 1 went out and it didn't seem worth fixing.  I had bought a MixWiz about that time and it has been totally solid.  No hiccups, no problems whatsoever.  Thats quality and a great price and the direction I'd like to see all manufacturers go.  As far as a race goes, I only pay attention when I'm making a change and I don't see myself purchasing a new mixer now for at least 8 years.  I am keeping my eyes open for MFver2.  That we can all use if it's working well.  (And thanks for not putting it out before it's ready.  We've all seen too much software released that wasn't ready.)

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2013, 03:20:09 PM »
Terms like DL killer isn't very useful.  Since when is a "new" product from anyone a killer of a good functional product you already own?  As far as a race to version 2 of anything.  I've been watching Apple/Microsoft doing that since 1984.  They both had their own approach and over the years I'd say that both did some serious good, but in very different ways.  MS had their first multi-tasking OS with Windows 95.  Apple had their first one with OS-X in 2002(?)  Yet you could do what you needed done with either one during all those years.  (Multi-tasking was a mainframe necessity but not a desktop necessity.  Now we have that on our cell phones.)   As far as Behringer goes, I hope for their serious improvement.  Pricewise they've been good, but inexpensive and cheaply made isn't good.  Mackie has had their times of getting close to cheaply made, but I'm hoping those days are gone.  I had a CFX-12 Mackie in the past.  Aux 1 went out and it didn't seem worth fixing.  I had bought a MixWiz about that time and it has been totally solid.  No hiccups, no problems whatsoever.  Thats quality and a great price and the direction I'd like to see all manufacturers go.  As far as a race goes, I only pay attention when I'm making a change and I don't see myself purchasing a new mixer now for at least 8 years.  I am keeping my eyes open for MFver2.  That we can all use if it's working well.  (And thanks for not putting it out before it's ready.  We've all seen too much software released that wasn't ready.)
+1
The older I get, the better I was!

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2013, 08:48:20 PM »
The DL is a 'killer desk'  8) there ain't anything like it out there at present. I'd love the features that the X32 Rack has but I'm damn glad I didn't wait for it (or even mores so the iX16). Now I have the DL I doubt I'll change for a few years, it does all I need (as opposed to would like) and more.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2013, 10:32:47 PM »
It's pretty rare when anything does everything we want.  (Just look at your spouse to verify that.)   I'm with you on the DL.  It's got the flexibility I need in a nice sized package.