Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Hopefully Ending the Forum Dry Spell?

(1/8) > >>

Keyboard Magic:
Since the forum has been experiencing a little dry spell....

Since Beno can’t reveal what’s going to be part of future updates to MF 3.X or 4 and it’s been suggested that we look to the “DL Feature Requests Site” for answers… Would anyone like to speculate what suggestions actually might just see their way into Master Fader in the near future from that website?

I'll go first:

840 Votes: A much better reverb please. Current one is almost unusable.

299 Votes: Master Fader Software for Mac OS X and Windows.               

249 Votes: Allow the remote control of the recording option and music playback on the docked iPad from a wireless connection iPad. 

Please chime in if you would like to?  ;)

gerenm63:

--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on May 12, 2015, 12:21:56 AM ---Since the forum has been experiencing a little dry spell....Please chime in if you would like to?  ;)

--- End quote ---

Well, that didn't seem to get anyone's attention...  ;)

I don't know where it fell on the list, but I'd like to see:

* My Fader for Android phones.
* The ability to "send" one effect into the other -- specifically, delay to reverb.
And I'll second being able to control record and playback of the docked device from the remote device(s).

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: gerenm63 on May 12, 2015, 02:51:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on May 12, 2015, 12:21:56 AM ---Since the forum has been experiencing a little dry spell....Please chime in if you would like to?  ;)

--- End quote ---

Well, that didn't seem to get anyone's attention...  ;)

I don't know where it fell on the list, but I'd like to see:

* My Fader for Android phones.
* The ability to "send" one effect into the other -- specifically, delay to reverb.
And I'll second being able to control record and playback of the docked device from the remote device(s).

--- End quote ---

It sure seems like that. Oh well! But thanks for your input just the same! Good picks too. :thu:

dpdan:
and here I thought I was the only one that sends the delay output to reverb  :)

YES! but only if the reverb is replaced with something that I would actually want someone to hear.
I would never use the ingternal reverb... IT IS THAT HORRIBLE!

Since I use an external reverb I can send delay to it.

gerenm63:

--- Quote from: dpdan on May 12, 2015, 06:47:35 PM ---and here I thought I was the only one that sends the delay output to reverb  :)

YES! but only if the reverb is replaced with something that I would actually want to be heard.
I would never use the ingternall reverb... IT IS THAT HORRIBLE!

Since I use an external reverb I can send delay to it.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I always thought it sounded a little strange when something that had reverb and delay on it, that the delayed sound returned dry while the source had reverb on it, so I stopped using the dedicated returns, and ran the effects back in on a channel (when I had enough available) so I could bleed some delay into the reverb and match everything up.

I've spent a fair amount of time working with the internal reverb, and have come up with a couple presets that are very good for specific needs -- one of these days, I'll get them in a position to share. The one that I've spent the most time with is for a local classic rock cover band with a female vocalist that channels Grace Slick. We've got her sound nailed for 'White Rabbit' and 'Somebody to Love.' I've also been working on one that's pretty nice for acoustic guitars.

I'll agree that the "out-of-the-box" presets aren't great, but as I mentioned some time ago, it's as good as some of the early low-cost digital reverbs I worked with years ago (think ART DR1 and the original Alesis MIDIVerb). Maybe my experience with those old, simple units, along with some of the other junk I've had to live with over the years, gives me an advantage in getting the Mackie to sound decent.

Cheers!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version