Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Mackie DL32R locked up during show

<< < (11/11)

WK154:
After chasing down some pics on both the DL32R Ethernet and the Airport Express connectors it appears both have shields so a STP should be OK (I don't own either product). This unfortunately points more to the DL32R software. The quality of the cable  however does matter, especially if the connectors are improperly installed. Although the N spec includes PRP ( see  https://info.belden.com/hubfs/resources/technical/other/drastic-improvements-in-wireless-reliability-webpage-pdf.pdf?hsLang=en&t=1539972123614   ) it's optional and not in these devices. It would be a boon to UDP.

JohnMHoyt:
Commercially made cable, but who's to say it didn't get bumped or something, even though it's in a road case.

I replaced with another cable, of another brand, after certifying with my tester.   The old one also checked out okay, but hey, worth trying.

WK154:
It appears that Mackie is aware of the problem (according to Dan in another thread , I think he is still a Beta tester for them). So now it's time to wait for Mackie to fix their code. ::)  Nothing like working with a time bomb. I would send it back and hope for a better unit since not every DL32R user seems to have this problem or do they?. Same scenario as their white noise problem.

WK154:
While on the subject of network cables Mackie's manual still states a CAT5 cable for the router to DL32R interconnect. Well you be hard pressed to even find a CAT5 cable since they have been replaced by CAT5e since about 2003 (15 years ago), long before the DL32R existed. There is a BIG difference between a CAT5 and a CAT5e cable in electrical properties. Nothing is said about a shielded cable which is highly recommended in this environment. Time to correct the manual especially for those users not into networks. Same problem exists in the DL16/32S manual.  :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version