Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master Fader V3.0.1 is Here !

<< < (12/35) > >>

WK154:
What am I the only one that can still do math here?? It was the 10th for the request (see above) and it was posted on the 17th. That's seven days and Apple usually takes 3-5 days to get it into the APP store that leaves 2-4 days tops.   ::) Time for a new set of Mackie Beta testers (pre and post fader).

Wynnd:
As I recall, we weren't allowed to discuss our involvement in the Beta testing before the release of the product.  Product is out.  It's been so long that I can't recall what I thought at the time.  I'm liking the new app.  But I had my friend run sound for me last Saturday and the additional complexity makes this a better mixer for the familiar and a worse mixer for Joe Average.  Next time I need a sit-in, I will probably use my small mixer as it's much simpler to use.  (Alesis Multi-Mix 16 firewire)

Rdmitch:
Next time you need a sit-in fly one of us out to Denver for a night !
I'm sure you can find a taker that would like to visit Colorado and check out the new "legislation"  ;)

PeterKorg:
Took the bull by the horns and upgraded to 3.0.1

Just done 2 gigs over the weekend, and although I was nervous and took a spare desk with me, I am pleased to report that I had no issues, I use 14 channels and 6 Aux, for full band line up.

Point to note when I updated the App Ipad2 seemed to freeze for about 10 minutes, with no indication or bar that anything is going on, however just be patient, all of sudden it came to life. Same happened with 2 other ipad 2.

Really like some of the new features

Keyboard Magic:
Decided to play around with MF 3.0.1, to give it another whirl. Loaded on the older iPad 2. I did back it up completely in iTunes first, in case I need to roll back. The fader lag is a little more than v 2.1.1, but after a while working with it, it doesn’t seem too, too bad. Haven’t updated the other iPad or done the firmware update on the DL yet.

With enough practice unconnected first, it shouldn’t be too hard to use it in a live situation. I only use the vintage EQ, so that’s not an issue for me. The interface is little more complicated than v 2.x but practice makes perfect. As it is, I feel I could use it live right now. The digital trim feature in particular is worth the update, I think.

I don’t have any upcoming gigs for a while and the DL is at home so if I update it and it doesn’t work I can roll the whole “kitten caboodle” back. I know I’ve done a complete turnaround contrary to my posts against updating, but, “Might As Well Jump” as they say.  ;)

Jan 16th 2014: (didn't update the firmware yet)

Played around with the new version, slow fader response was noticeable. Modern EQ was horrible, although I never use it and won't affect me in any way. Compared it to v 2.x on the other iPad and there was little to no lag anywhere. Just put back v2.x on the test iPad. Going to keep both at 2.x for the for seeable future, until the next update to MF 3.x comes along, probably, hopefully after NAMM, when they release My Fader 3.x  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version