Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

WTF! 3.0 lags so hard it's barely usable!

<< < (41/45) > >>

Sir Krang:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on March 26, 2015, 06:51:21 AM ---One warning, The ipad white noise issue isn't fixed in this version.  It can occur when playing music through the ipad channel.  Most of use didn't ever have it happen to us, but that was something that was fixed with MF 3.x  People that had it happen to them had the white noise at very loud volume.  Airplay avoids this.  Not playing music through the ipad channel also prevents this.  So consider running Classic with the ipad channel muted.

--- End quote ---

Good point Wynnd!
Playing set break music from the docked iPad prior to MF3 resulted in the White noise thing for me every time.
I originally bought my DL1608 based on the features claimed by Mackie at the time.
Those specific features were being able to use ALL 16 channels (just enough) for mixing. And being able to play set break music from the docked iPad without sacrificing 2 productive mixer channels was the "deal maker" for me.
So it was VERY disappointing discovering that I couldn't use the docked iPad for set break music because of the White noise every time I tried to.

Enter MF3 and I've not had a single incident of White noise from the docked iPad. So I've finally got the 16 channel live mixer that I paid for in the first place.  :thu:

I'm 100% happy with MF3, but I can empathise with those DL owners who want to use "classic" MF2 version due to graphic lag issues they have with MF3 (I don't have lag issues since updating my old iPad 3 to an iPad Air 2) but then find they are reverting to the master fader version that has the White noise issue built in.

Bit of a catch 22.

Anyway, thank you Mackie for giving those end users the option of downgrading to the earlier MF2 version.
I'll say that's 2 thumbs up for the right thing to do. Cheers Mackie :)

sam.spoons:

--- Quote from: nottooloud on March 26, 2015, 03:13:26 PM ---If they're anywhere, they're in a saved backup of your ipad under itunes. If you delete all traces of 3.n, as has been discussed here someplace, find your backup copy of of 2.1.1 and get that into itunes, and then restore your iPad to an earlier backup that used that version, you might get your scenes back.

This won't work if you're installing the new Classic version, because it's actually a new app.

--- End quote ---

Brilliant, did that and it worked  ;D

musicman7722:
Used 3.1 for the first time this last weekend.  I used a new iPad mimi and wow what a lag.  Furthermore I got lost a few times and had to shut the app right down to find the mixer page again.  So bottom line I am done.  I ordered up the Behringer XR18 and it should be here tomorrow.  Sorry Mackie I loved that mixer for years.  I must admit the form factor was beginning to get to me but that is that.

Weogo:
Hi musicman7722,

I have been mixing digital for more than a decade, and for three years on an Ipad.
Last fall the lag on my Ipad 3 with the DL1608 basically put the mixer on very lightweight duties till Apple/Mackie got everything sorted out. 
Everything has been working fine for months now.

With the lag and other issues you have with your Ipad Mini it sounds like you have some basic hardware or software fault in the mixer or Ipad.
If I were in your shoes I would want to check this out, in case problems transfer to the XR18.

Am guessing several of us will be interested to hear how the XR18 works for you.

If you want to send that old DL1608 to North Carolina I would be happy to pay shipping!    : -)

Thanks and good health,  Weogo

liveedge.net

musicman7722:
Thank you for the reply.  I won't rule out hardware issues on the "I" devices but I suppose it could be on the Mackie.  I have lost the headphone out ability to drive a pair of headphones though it works fine as a line out in stereo to my IEM.  Anyway the foot print it takes up is awkward for me onstage.  i will let you all know my results on the Behringer which arrives tomorrow.  If I like it I may sell the Mackie or keep it for backup, to soon to tell but seems the resale value is pretty low and that assumes it is fully functioning.

Cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version