Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Hacking the Dock Connector on the DL1608

<< < (2/3) > >>

cgecastro:
Still bouncing ideas off a wall... Will try a few of them tonight

cgecastro:

--- Quote from: WK154 on February 27, 2020, 05:04:41 PM ---So what is your results? I tried that with a PC a long time ago and it detected nothing.

--- End quote ---

Partial success!
I removed the tray, removed both cables from the dock connector, removed the dock from the tray.
The 5 pin connector labeled J2 and with a round cable Is the USB connector the colors of the wires apear standard since i cut a usb cable and the colors are the same.
Connected all wires to a breadboard and my cut usb cable to the corresponding wires. I jumped the two black wires as they are also jumped on the DL dock connector

Plugged USB to computer and nothing happened.... the computer would not detect the DL1608

Next I plugged the ribbon cable back into J3 on the DL dock connector and plugged the iPad into the dock. The usb part was still connected to the the previous setup.
At this point the DL showed up on the mac as one USB device named  Mackie DL1608 and two Audio devices both named ZeroBandwith one 2 channel input and the other 2 channel output
They are selectable on Audio Preferences and on the Audio Midi Setup app.
A level does appear but i need to test further
Downloading garageband for further testing

Hopefully the iPad can be spoofed so that it is not required.
I will try to post pics as soon as I learn how to

cgecastro:
Picture of the setup and of the System Profiler screens.
Usb devices and Audio Devices

pytchley:
Interesting but the photos don't shop up on my mac... am I alone?

cgecastro:
Any suggestions for photo hosting?
Is this working?

https://share.icloud.com/photos/06vOGbVS55FhLqYMDC5t0aIbA

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version