Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Hard Drive Error on DL32r

<< < (2/4) > >>

musicman7722:
Well an interesting story here.  The hard drive I am trying to us is a new Seagate Ultra Slim.  Anyway I am a PC tech and in my office I have some hard drive caddy;'s/  I grabbed one and put an old 80 gig laptop hard drive I had lying around.  I plugged the caddy into the 32r and then booted up the 32r.  I reopened the software and it gave me first a busy notice then the ability to format the drive.  I did so and I was able to record.  I shut the caddy off and plugged in my Seagate, that to then gave me the option to reformat.  I did and the drive came up as usable and I recorded to that too.

Then I shut the dl32 off with the drive in it.  When I looked it said error.  Hmm  I did the option all over again using the 80 gig first and then the Seagate which I reformatted again which came back online.

This time however I hit the eject for each drive before taking them out or shutting down.  So far every time I reboot the 32r it recognizes the big drive.

Hmm, I will give it awhile and try it again to see if that was the issue.

dpdan:
you know what????
You may just have the answer....

as most of us know, it is always recommended to "Eject" the drive before shutting down or unplugging the drive.
This could very well be a typical old Microsoft design issue, (FAT32) if the drive was not finished doing what it was doing when it last lost power (like shutting off the DL32R at the end of a gig),
the next time it is awakened, it gives the ERROR!

Although now that I think of it...
I have done hundreds and hundreds of jobs with my DL32R and I always leave the drive connected and only eject it when I literally want to transfer files from it which is almost never.
So, why is this becoming an issue just occasionally?
retorical question  :)   

musicman7722:
same here but often times it is all about the work around right  :thu:

dpdan:
that's for sure,,, one time it really screwed me...

I was going to record a band's reunion with their system which is a DL32R and I brought one of my drives that I use with mine,,,
I got the error and nothing I did allowed me to format and use the drive so the event was NOT recorded.

musicman7722:
That is what happened to me as well and if you see my early posts it took an old hard drive plugged in via a hdd caddy to allow me to get the format prompt back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version