Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Yet another iPad charging question

(1/3) > >>

Harpman:
I just purchased the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 for doing some multi-track live recording.  So here's my configuration

A1 -> Floor Monitor 1
A2 -> Floor Monitor 2
A3 (Vocals) -> CH 1 Input (18i20)
A4 (Guitar) -> CH 2 Input (18i20)
A5 (Bass) -> CH 3 Input (18i20)
A6 (Drums [Kick, Snare, OH]) -> CH 4 input (18i20)

I use an app on the iPad called "Auria" which through the USB connection kit on the iPad works great, except... It doesn't charge the iPad :(

Has anyone used a powered USB hub that can provide enough mA's to satisfy the 2100mA charging requirements.  I saw a Belkin 4-port USB hub that provides 4A (4000mA) but unsure if that will do the trick.  You would think someone at Apple would devise a connector like their HDMI connector where it does charge the iPad while connected to your HDMI monitor.

RoadRanger:
Your confusion is that it is impossible to charge the iPad through the Camera (USB) Connection Kit. The iPad will actually power a USB device so the power is flowing the wrong way :( .
Apple sucks :P .

Jerrylee:
RR your confusion is that you do not need the camera connection kit with Auria. There a plenty of hubs that connect directly to the 30 pin dock. And I also don't totally understand why a powered hub cannot be developed to charge the iPad as well as function as the audio interface. After all the docks like Alesis, behringer, and even the dl1608 can act as an audio interface as well as power the iPad. But only 2 channels. I don't know any hubs that can charge.

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Jerrylee on July 11, 2013, 06:44:02 PM ---RR your confusion is that you do not need the camera connection kit with Auria.
--- End quote ---
But you do with the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 he is using :P .

Harpman:
Attached is Auria's screen shot of approved list of audio interfaces, which clearly states that Auria doesn't require a "Powered USB Hub", but doesn't "Charge the iPad" either.  Really impressed with this app.  They just released 1.10 update today and it fixes and adds the following:

• Added MIDI Sync support with MTC, MMC and MIDI Clock options
• Added the ability to pass MIDI data the plugins
• Added MIDI remote control for controlling Auria with Mackie MCU and HUI control surfaces
• Added full MIDI MTC chase capability
• Mixdown e-mail option
• Added clip-based gain handle
• Added icon bar
• Added Delete All Automation on Track function
• Added "Link Locators and Highlight" option
• Added higher resolution grid lines when in bars:beats mode
• Added Load from snapshot if project fails to load
• Added snap to locators, markers and highlight
• Added tempo and time signature adjustments from the edit screen
• Reorganized settings screen into separate pages
• Various bug fixes

This will be the closest you will get to getting the DL1608 to do any kind of multi-track recording.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version