Other Digital Mixers > Behringer X-Air

Embedded WiFi in X-Air/ M-Air tests

<< < (3/3)

WK154:
OK at a control surface of four plus and other minimal local traffic I was getting a range of 6-10 Beacon frames per second. That is in the functional range (no disconnects). It is however quite a large range when the expected average is 9.8 based on the 100TU (102ms).  The 6 frames per second interval had quite a bit more traffic than most, so if additional traffic exists it can very well cause termination of the connection. That of course depends on the control surface logic and what criteria they use. Since failure intervals are quite long using my surroundings it is really best dealt with Firmware debug tools. That's a job for the Tribe (Jan Duwe & Co.) not me.

WK154:
After all this time I finally had to power cycle the MR12. So there is more to this than what I found. I guess the Music Tribe has their work cut out for them. 1/31/19. I had a Android and a iPad running with the MR12. Neither could get a connection after they disconnected. :(  This was in AP mode. Power cycling a mixer is not acceptable during a gig.

WK154:
Since I had the test setup for MF5.1 I thought it would be an opportunity to revisit this test. The only difference is the mixer this time it's the MR18 instead of the MR12. After 50+ hrs. the same conclusions still stand. The router was also different (Netgear R7900) along with the distance of only 15 ft. to the router. I had 13 instances of M-air running 3 more than the MF5.1 test. All the M-air apps for Windows were V1.5 with the V1.6 firmware. The control surfaces were:
Windows ---- 5 units with all but one running W10 and one W7. The W7 also had instances of M-Air and Bluestacks Android Mix Station running. A wired connection no failures. One other W10 was wired the rest on WiFi.
Android ------ 5 units and as before no disconnects using WiFi. None were wired.
iPad ---------- 2 units a iPad 3 and a iPad 2018. The Ipad would loose connection but recover without intervention.
Still the same conclusion as the Mackie MF 5.1 use wired as a minimum and in MF's case use a Windows tablet for the highest reliability of the lot For M-Air/X-Air that would be the Android version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version