Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL32R Latency while recording.

(1/5) > >>

Zapme:
I was wondering has anyone hooked up their DL32r to a daw? I read the specs sheet it says the mixers latency is 1.5ms. I'm just wondering when monitoring your mic signal directly to an aux how bad will the delay sound.  With the channel in the daw muted of course. And will it increase if you decide add any additional processing as eq, comp for a better headphone mix.  I'm currently trying to decide if I want to go with the DL32R or X32 Rack for my home studio. Thanks

Wynnd:
1.5 ms latency is virtually non-existant.  Human ear won't notice it at all.

ijpengelly:
Every digital mixer adds latency, but to put it into perspective, its like having a monitor speaker in an analogue system 5cm from your ear....  ::)

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: ijpengelly on April 01, 2015, 05:36:00 PM ---Every digital mixer adds latency, but to put it into perspective, its like having a monitor speaker in an analogue system 5cm from your ear....  ::)

--- End quote ---
Check yur math there, decimal point ain't right. It's 51 cm.

Zapme:
I am currently use the dl1608 with my band live and I run in ears.  If I have it set to pre fader, with no processing the delay is reduced quite a bit.  When I engage the eq and comp then it makes my guitar almost sound like there is slap back because I'm hearing my cab arriving before my ears.  I'm just trying to figure out when recording it might be better off to run no processing if I do decide to purchase the dl32r.  I did research the x32 rack and its delay is 0.8 ms.  Presonus doesn't show any specs on delay.  I used to have a studiolive and delay was far less than the mackie.  Decisions decisions.  By just going off the iPad app mackie wins by a mile.  The behringer app isn't very quick to get around.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version