Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master/My Fader V2.1 Are Here!

<< < (5/10) > >>

WK154:

I just spend a half hour listening to bad music at Mackie's tech support line and finally spoke with Anthony. I ask point blank is the white noise/ sync problem fixed? The answer was a unhesitating NO. I tried to get a more definitive answer as to why it wasn't fixed and the reply was I don't know. There was a hint that it may not be Mackie's fault. Must be that rotten fruit again. I asked whether he knew if the V2.1 was tested with iOS V7.1 beta again a don't know. For their and our sake I hope it was checked. As I stated in the white noise/sync thread all the iPad optimizations needs to be done along with disabling "sound check". Then before you dock the iPad turn on Airplane mode. I have not had a problem once all these things are done. Over 24 hrs of uninterrupted music with the speaker off of course! I only have three programs running MF, VoiceRecord, and Sound tools. Switching between them poses no problem. I have also used Music Player in place of VoiceRecord with no issues.

mauijet:
So trying to update right before a gig. D'oh, I know.  The firmware update has been trying to reboot for an hour now.  What should I do?

Jerrylee:
Pray.

robbocurry:

--- Quote from: mauijet on February 21, 2014, 11:02:20 PM ---So trying to update right before a gig. D'oh, I know.  The firmware update has been trying to reboot for an hour now.  What should I do?

--- End quote ---
Hold the "force update" button (beside the power adapter input) and reboot the desk:)
More exact instructions are in the user guide...
I'll get the link for you in a mo...

http://www.mackie.com/products/dlseries/downloads/manuals/dlseries_rg.pdf

mauijet:
Thanks. Yep as I suspected, should've hit the abort button. Got a hold of tech support before they closed for the evening. Only about 3 min. on hold. Very helpful and friendly guy instructed me to aboort and force update. The manual says not to hit the abort button. He said a couple people called with this problem. The firmware update hangs occasionally, and like a good ole Windows system, you gotta reboot & start over. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version