Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

My First Big Show with the DL32R

<< < (4/5) > >>

dpdan:
I used my DL32R a few months ago at the Scottrade arena that seats almost 20,000,...
no problems at all with the wifi signal via Apple Airport Express. I was never more than a few hundred feet from the router though.

Michael Welter:
That's excellent news, Dan. I use the Airport Extreme, so I'm sure I'll have no problems at all. :facepalm:

wkndwarrior:

--- Quote from: Michael Welter on March 24, 2015, 01:42:25 PM ---This is, indeed, good news, wkndwarrior. I have my first large show coming up in May. I'll be working in a 9000 seat arena with my DL32R, and I'm hoping all goes well.

--- End quote ---

After reading all the horror stories about people losing wifi connections and not being able to reconnect etc. when there are tons of people with cell phones present, I was sweating bullets once my show started. But after I realized my signal was strong and locked in, I was able to concentrate on mixing the show. I also own a X32, but I am moving away from full-size boards to wireless mixing on my iPad. I think this trend will continue for all but the largest festival shows. The key is a reliable connection under all circumstances. So far, so good!

Good luck with your show, and let us know how it went!

Michael Welter:

--- Quote from: wkndwarrior on March 24, 2015, 07:43:42 PM ---Good luck with your show, and let us know how it went!

--- End quote ---
Thanks. I will.

Wynnd:
A noisy and reverberant gymnasium is just about the most challenging situation to provide good sound for.  Been there and hate doing that.  (Though I think I handle it better at this portion of my life.) 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version