Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

IPad Air 2 Does the Trick with MF 3.X. In My Perception

<< < (9/10) > >>

sam.spoons:
+1, WTF did he think the audience were hearing?

Wynnd:
I have seen guitarists think that the audience can't hear them well enough.  All it takes is for guitarist's guitar playing friend who is used to hearing more guitar to tell him that he can't hear the guitar in the audience.  That can screw a guitarist for life.  (And the mix might have been perfect before he mentioned it to his friend.)  This is where a sound engineer can make a serious difference, but the band has to trust him. 

Fluddman:

--- Quote from: sam.spoons on February 22, 2015, 11:14:43 PM ---+1, WTF did he think the audience were hearing?

--- End quote ---

In this case the audience (and unfortunately the bar staff) were in the direct line of fire and were coping an ear shattering beam of trebley guitar noise.

I guess those of us that do sound can appreciate how different a guitar can sound out front compared to the players position. I encourage them to get a long lead or a wireless and listen out front.

Cheers

sam.spoons:
Exactly my point, if he hated that sound why on earth did he think the audience should be subjected to it? Tell him the correct answer is to get a sound you like when you can hear your amp and you (the soundie) will stick a mic on his speaker and ensure the audience get to hear the same 'beautiful' sound  8)

Keyboard Magic:
Boy, talk about a topic getting derailed.  ;) That’s okay though, this stuff is even more interesting.  :thu: On that note (pun intended) I remember playing in stage bands in my college days and the conductor telling us that if you couldn’t hear the player/instruments beside you, you were playing too loud. Non of the sections were ever mic'd during concerts including the drums.

But the same rule really should apply today, I think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version