Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Headphone amps for in ear monitors

<< < (3/5) > >>

Fluddman:
The headphone out works pretty good if you only need one iem send.

Cheers

sam.spoons:
Absolutely, but it only sends the main L/R or active solos so it's awkward to get a tailored IEM mix unless you are prepared to run the mains off an aux or two.

Fluddman:

--- Quote from: sam.spoons on January 05, 2015, 12:24:37 AM ---Absolutely, but it only sends the main L/R or active solos so it's awkward to get a tailored IEM mix unless you are prepared to run the mains off an aux or two.

--- End quote ---

The time or two I did this, I set the aux up for an IEM mix and just solo'd the aux send.

Cheers

sam.spoons:
Brilliant, never thought of that  :facepalm:

musicdan:
If you're looking to run directly out of the aux sends to your headphones you do not need a TRS. You can use one but the extra ring will serve no purpose and they're generally more expensive. Standard TS cable is all you need since this is an unbalanced signal with no further amplification. with the DL1608 you have the option of 6 mono mixes or 3 stereo mixes. For stereo you need to group the auxes. 1-2, 3-4, 5-6. You'll need a wye adapter that is 1/8" female stereo to two 1/4" male plugs. Each ear of your headphones has its own aux.

You can also leave the auxes un grouped if you want to have a separate mix for each ear. This could be handy but also very confusing and would take some time to dial in the way you want it. For most musicians, mono IEMs will suffice.

On a side note: i am currently running 2 IEM mixes through 1 XLR cable. There's a splitter at each end and It can be run across any size stage with no clutter. It's been working great for over a year now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version