Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

X32 Rack Anyone?

(1/3) > >>

Keyboard Magic:
I know this is the DL area, but...

I am trying to keep all my options open here by considering all possibilities regarding a new digital mixer. I've Googled the x32 reviews until I am cross eyed from reading, but since there are so many experienced professionals here, I would like to find out your opinions on this particular unit if possible.

How many have the x32 rack? And if you do, how do you like it and how easy is the x32 app to use? All opinions are humbly accepted and welcomed.  ;)

Keyboard Magic:
JerryLee;

I haven't ignored your excellent comments at all.  :o  I was just hoping for some more info from other x32 owners so that I can be more informed to make an educated purchase when I am ready to buy. I value everyone's opinions here. But starting today I will make an extra effort to look up your comments in particular.   :thu:

For me it's always a good idea to consider all opinions before making an expensive purchase. Yes I did so, even when I finally bought my DL. If I have offended, please accept my apologies.  :facepalm:

sam.spoons:
Download the X32 app and give it a try, it's ok IMO, probably on a par with the A&H apps but not as good as Master Fader (JL will disagree I know :D). MF does have much less to do so it's easier for Mackie's nerds make it user friendly.

Keyboard Magic:
sam.spoons;

Yes, I agree that Master Fader was the easiest to get around on. I have already downloaded the x32 app and have been playing around with it. It's not too hard after some time with it. It looks like you cannot save scenes in demo mode, which I've read about and can only save when connected to the hardware. If I am wrong about that, I stand corrected.  ;) (I'd rather sit corrected though!)   :P

At least with Master Fader, you can save without the mixer being live. I do like the look of the x32 app though and it appears to be very comprehensive. Every chance I get I load the app and play around with it. ;)

WK154:
Your best off going to Behringer's X32 forum or for more technical and independent views to Soundforum.net for the X32. A year ago I ran it past RR to start an independent X16 (at the time) topic so as not to mix the two but no go. Good thing since the X18 may not be a reality til later in the year, my guess is just in time for Christmas. Once it ships maybe he will go for it or the QSC Touchmix. You might let us know what your $ pain-level is and what functions are critical.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version