Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Jumping into the DL1608 Phenomenon

<< < (16/17) > >>

WK154:
Your off your meds again!  :) Anxiety attacks can be costly when you don't know what to do with the two iPad 2's. Here's my suggestion. Buy the Audio Tools suite from Studio Six play with it until the QSC Touchmix hits the stores and buy it. I'm not sure we could handle another round of DL saga. ;)

Wynnd:
Buying a brand new product without a history could easily be a repeat.  Got to admit it looks good, but it will take at least a year for the bugs to be exposed or cured after its release.  There are no perfect answers here, and anything you do has some level of risk.  (Even purchasing a MixWiz has a small amount of risk.)   So do what you want.  You will always have at least verbal support from here.

Keyboard Magic:
WK, Yes I am definitely a channel strip short of a complete mixer  :P I will give your good suggestion more thought. And Wynnd, thank you for your kind words too. After all my wacky posts, I think a new platform would be the way to go, even if it is an unknown. But from what I have heard and researched, QSC products in general are respected in the industry. Feature wise the TouchMix looks good. It retails here for $1449.00 as opposed to the DL for $1099.99

As for changing brands believe it or not, my non powered and powered speakers have and always will be Yorkville. If Yorkville ever made a digital mixer, I wouldn't hesitate. But I am willing to give a brand another chance however, and thusly my post about possibly going back to the DL once again even though I had an unreliable unit. If there wasn't an upcoming gig depending on the DL, I just might of hung on to it. And there was the last day of a 30 day return policy motivation too.  ;)

To good experiences, gear or other wise, this forum has been a very good experience since I joined. Everyone has been great.  :thu: I respect all comments and suggestions.  ;) Thank you one and all once more!!  :)

WK; To quote you " I'm not sure we could handle another round of DL saga"  Neither could I   :lol:

WK154:
I base my recommendation on the fact that Mackie has now known about this problem for over a year and unfortunately has done nothing about it. That's not a good reaction for any company looking for referrals or repeat business. Don't get me wrong, others have had similar problems but they were fixed with a high priority. This is the same attitude Phonic chose with their digital mixer line. Manufacturers support is essential especially if they refuse to provide support documentation (schematics and code). Mackie's track record with digital mixers has been less than stellar and apparently is continuing with that trend. What are the chances of seeing a solution to this. If they assigned an engineer to this, I believe they already know the answer and it's too expensive to implement so their willing to ride it out. Yes this is a lemon product and I'll venture a guess that the solution offered will be the DL II upgrade.

Keyboard Magic:
WK;

Just emailed Mackie with my past issue with the DL and got a reply from them in about an hour, here's a piece of the reply that supports your last post to me.

"We have had no reported issues from thousands of users with iOS7.1.1. It has been out for some time and we have tested it fully with Master Fader.  I’d obviously like to know more about the problems you discovered but I don’t believe they were caused by iOS7.1.1"

I'm glad they are at least reading and responding quite fast though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version