Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

The Quick Access Panel

(1/6) > >>

Keggles:
just an observation....
The new Quick  Access panel has a lot of free space, room for future new functions...hopefully fader groups !

Another thing I would like to see is with the new view groups ... to be able to view the output masters as a view group
If we could do that it would make control of feedback so much easier

Keggles

Wynnd:
It does seem a bit sensitive to feedback near the limit.  Sometimes there are band members who insist on being right on the edge.  (Extremely stupid.)   I don't like being anywhere near that level.  I'm running DriveRack PX and PAs on the monitors and FOH.  That gives you about an extra 6+ db, so stupid bandmates make things much worse when it's so unnecessary.  I don't know of anyone walking out on a band that was just 6 db's quieter.  I've personally walked out on National acts and semi-pro acts that were ridiculously loud.  (Kool and the Gang, Brainchild.)

Reed:

--- Quote from: Keggles on October 09, 2013, 08:55:42 PM ---Another thing I would like to see is with the new view groups ... to be able to view the output masters as a view group
If we could do that it would make control of feedback so much easier

--- End quote ---

+1 - this would really help in the heat of battle.

ijpengelly:
I like the inputs and outputs overview in StageMix (Yamaha LS9 app) that shows fader positions and levels, whilst also allowing you access to the outputs master page.

Wynnd:
I suspect that one thing we'll have to accept is that any good analog mixer, MixWiz for example, will run rings around the DL1608 in a rush.  I don't consider it a step down for me, but just about any change on the MixWiz was a single move of my arm and nearly everything on the ipad involves at least a swipe to get to the right channel or page before moving the control that needs to be moved.  It's a bit clumsy at times.   This is one place where the StudioLive mixers are a cross between the two and an improvement over the DL1608.  (Even without the ipad.)   I really prefer having the musicians make most of the changes in volume.  (Set and forget.)  If the monitors are set well, that becomes easy. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version