Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Newbie Question For The Experts ...

(1/2) > >>

WJF:
Hi -

I'm hoping to get some advice from some of the experts here ...

I have a DL1608 of course and normally use it with two QSC K12's. I've got a gig coming up this week in a *very* small room ... think tiny here. So, I just need enough sound to be above ambient level in the room and space is at a premium.

I was thinking of using the DL1608 to drive only one of the QSC's. That would save space and a single QSC will have ample power for the room. But ... I want to make sure that I won't mess anything up by doing so. I seem to recall ages ago, someone saying that you should never drive only one channel but perhaps that was advice concerning the old powered 808S that I had and not running the amps that that unit had without a load connected to them?

Anyway ... am I OK running a single QSC K12?

Thanks in advance for your advice an BIG TIME thanks for forgiving this "beyond newbie" kind of question and not laughing me off the forum. I appreciate it!

:)

RoadRanger:
No prob - I do that all the time. It is only tube amps that don't "like" being run unloaded.

Jerrylee:
I have no idea what you are talking about or why. But you will have no problem running only one k12. The only issue you could face is if you are using the iPad playback channel. It's stereo and you will be mono. So just don't use the iPad playback channel and make sure everything is panned to the center.

When it comes to driving one channel this has nothing to do with powered speakers. The dl is just the signal not the power.

WJF:
Perfect - Thanks Guys! This is what I had suspected and hoped for but just wanted to double check with the kind folks here who are way smarter than me about these things. Thanks again for your replies ... I appreciate it!!!  :)

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Jerrylee on October 15, 2013, 09:04:00 PM ---The only issue you could face is if you are using the iPad playback channel. It's stereo and you will be mono. So just don't use the iPad playback channel and make sure everything is panned to the center.
--- End quote ---
You can set the iPad to output mono in the "accessibility" settings. I use it when running mono all the time. Some of the small venues around here only have room for one stack :facepalm: .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version