Other Digital Mixers > Behringer X-Air

X18 X18R X16R X12R Details & Video

<< < (77/86) > >>

WK154:
Well Greg and others yet another release of X-Air Edit V1.3. At least they're still improving things. Still waiting for V2.1 when hopefully everything will have quieted down and I can reliably use it on gigs. Maybe by NAMM 2016 for V2.0. Windows tablets will also be more plentiful and lower priced. A 13.5" tablet would be just right for my tastes without all that time wasting swiping or layering.

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: WK154 on November 26, 2015, 08:17:37 PM ---Well Greg and others yet another release of X-Air Edit V1.3. At least they're still improving things. Still waiting for V2.1 when hopefully everything will have quieted down and I can reliably use it on gigs. Maybe by NAMM 2016 for V2.0. Windows tablets will also be more plentiful and lower priced. A 13.5" tablet would be just right for my tastes without all that time wasting swiping or layering.
--- End quote ---
I'll have to try it on my $100 13.3" Android tablet. But - there doesn't seem to be any easy way of changing the scaling on the apps and this thing is fairly low res :( .

WK154:
Well the other shoe dropped or shall we say the price. The X18 is now $499 and the XR12 is $249. The X18 is the same form factor as the DL1608 at almost half the price ( the price of a DL806) and double the features. Mackie has nothing to compete with the XR12. Maybe will see a price adjustment from Mackie.

Sorry forgot the XR16 now at $399 that's quite a dilemma for Mackie.

Wynnd:
There's a serious free fall in analog board prices.  While I can easily do what I need to on a DL1608, it's clumsy compared to a similar analog board.  (Too many screens, but I can't see any serious way to reduce that.)  Lower prices for electronics??? How is that a surprise?  Did you know that the original Commodore 64 sold for $600 at computer store only and was last sold at $65 at the mass retailers.  Think that happened in about 2 years.   I for one isn't bugged by the price drops or the claims of better options.  I'm fully hoping the DL1608 is my last mixer.  (I'm 62 and don't see doing this much after 8 years.)  I'm also hoping my VK-77 is my last organ.  That's about $4K worth of equipment that should last the rest of my life. 

WK154:
In checking pricing I noticed that Sweetwater dropped the DL806. What do they know and not telling?

"Sorry, the Mackie DL806 is no longer available. We've left this page up for reference only. Check out the great alternatives on this page or call toll-free (800) 222-4700 to speak with a Sweetwater Sales Engineer about similar products."

P.S. After a call to Sweetwater it was determined that they only meant the 30 pin version was no longer available.  ;D  What the "L".

Interestingly the "alternatives" listed are the DL1608 and three XR products not the DL806L.  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version