Other Digital Mixers > Behringer X-Air

X18 X18R X16R X12R Details & Video

<< < (79/86) > >>

WK154:
Yup the "old gits" convention alright. My last fundraiser for the "Concert for the Cure" brings back fond memories. Here is a Tribute to my better half from someone you may recognize Deacon from Nashville series. He was our emcee for many years, as my wife had all his children thru her music program. He flew out that day from Nashville to perform this. We raised over $40,000 over the years for this cause. Yes the tech stuff was me for 20+ years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxniSNVjX5g
 It's good that some of us give back when we can.

sam.spoons:
Lovely :)

Rdmitch:
Ok Sam so why are the Mains behind the mikes?

sam.spoons:
We had no monitors so, as we were restricted by my little 5 watt amp (and, being outdoors, there were no room issues to deal with) it was a workable compromise. Let me explain, we were travelling very light, the gig was over the late August bank holiday weekend and I was at my caravan from the beginning of August 'till after the gig so the gear had to live in the car for 3 ½ weeks but I still needed to be able to use the car for that time. It worked well enough on that occasion but we have since progressed to my full rig and backline with a 2 KVA genny to power it all (stored in my trailer for the duration) which is just as well as the audiences have grown significantly and last year we had a rather good choir as our support act.

stevegarris:

--- Quote from: Rdmitch on February 02, 2016, 01:08:17 AM ---Ok Sam so why are the Mains behind the mikes?

--- End quote ---

I noticed that, and I'm curious what those speakers are and how they're powered.

I regularly see a small jazz/pop band that a friend of mine plays in. They use (1) powered box, 15 & horn, sitting in the corner behind the band. It's nice and loud, has a nice, wet delay on the vocals, and just sounds fantastic in the room. They're a 3-piece, they all sing, and guitar and bass are run though the mains. I've never heard it feedback, and it always sounds good. The guitar players vocal mic is only about 5 ft away, almost directly in front of the speaker. If done carefully, it can work well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version