Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL 32R using hard drive for backing music

<< < (10/13) > >>

Kev tyler:
Here's something that will give you guys a giggle, my mate is a DJ, and he is a real Apple snob, I don't know how many times I have had all the "rock solid " this that and the other, spiel from him, so one night we are doing a gig together, me cabaret and him the karaoke disco, some bloke rolls up with a stick with some obscure MP3 +g file on it , and the pub is full, he announces the guy and inserts the stick and the Mac crashes, so he boots it up again and to my amazement he says, " it's a Mac, it will be fine " and reinserts the stick and bang off goes all the sound and the Mac again,

I am always very weary of people and their usb sticks,  And wonder could this be an issue when we get To the point of plugging them in to our desks?

I worked with this guy again at gigs with big name band and  bloke off the telly, the supporting acts all rolled up with m3u playlists on sticks which seemed to really confuse the iTunes of that time, poor DJ had to figure out what the songs where and then relabel them all?

Cheers

Kev

Wynnd:
Could that be DRM interfering?  Itunes does take DRM too seriously.  For example, you can't download music from someone else's ipod onto your computer.  You probably can't play it through the USB port either. 

sam.spoons:
It's pretty easy to get music from your iTunes onto another device such as a USB drive,  (right click and 'show in finder' then simply drag and drop) and I believe iTunes 12 will also convert it to .wav for you (will check tonight, only have iTunes 11 on the laptop). All iTunes purchases are now (since 2009?) in iTunes Plus lossless format and free of DRM.

robbocurry:
iTunes has had wav conversion available for years Sam, I've been using it since iPod v2. :)
The thing that gets me is performers turning up with a cd or usb drive without:
1: checking in advance you have a device that will play their media.
2: not bringing their own device that will play their media.
3: blaming you for their lack of preparation, usually not to your face.
4: not bothering to buy their own equipment, not even a mic.
Rant over >:D

dpdan:
don't you love the people who say "here's my CD"

and it looks like it spent the day on the highway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version