Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

DL 32R using hard drive for backing music

<< < (11/13) > >>

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: dpdan on April 18, 2015, 07:44:20 PM ---don't you love the people who say "here's my CD"

and it looks like it spent the day on the highway.

--- End quote ---

Road Rash Audio CDs.  :facepalm:

sam.spoons:
I had one recently for a signed, ex TV "Stars In Their Minds" type show graduate which arrived with a scruffy handwritten piece of paper (looked like it had been torn from the back of an envelope), ambiguous track numbering (two columns of numbers) and, come the show, I played the wrong track..... I did play the track with the number I was asked to play but...... Typical gig, no problem, the talent laughed it off and apologises to me afterwords..... Sadly not this time due to the 'local radio' ar$eh@les in charge....... Needless to say I won't work for them again even if they ask (which they won't  :( )

Keyboard Magic:
I have them mostly well trained at the school, always get the CDs well before, but once in a while I get handed an audio cassette, at dress rehearsal. I guess I should throw the tape deck in with the gear. Try to find the right song on a tape deck even with the tape counter.  x(  It is old school (no pun intended) but it really does happen.

dpdan:
all that old analog crap, I don't miss it.. AT ALL :)
WOW and flutter,
tape hiss louder than the music,
distortion,
bad bias settings,
Dolby pumping... 
GEEZ,,

don't get me started  :facepalm:

but really, those things do make me really appreciate digital audio and all that it is capable of... and yes,
I love how digital sounds. I am old enough to apppreciate where we have come from.

Sir Krang:

--- Quote from: robbocurry on April 18, 2015, 07:42:26 PM ---iTunes has had wav conversion available for years Sam, I've been using it since iPod v2. :)
The thing that gets me is performers turning up with a cd or usb drive without:
1: checking in advance you have a device that will play their media.
2: not bringing their own device that will play their media.
3: blaming you for their lack of preparation, usually not to your face.
4: not bothering to buy their own equipment, not even a mic.
Rant over >:D

--- End quote ---
Robbo, you musta been working for the exact same acts as I've have.

I haven't owned a functioning CD player this century...well apart from the one built into my truck stereo.
I've lost track of how often I'm expected to play some format CD/DVD when there are literally squillions of MP3 players out there.
3mm stereo jack, plug straight into a mixer with the necessary lead. Easy peazy to dial up and play the correct tracks.

Luckily there's always been some other group member who has their stuff on their personal iPod thingy and we get through the show without a hitch.

Handing me a CD to play these days is almost as archaic as handing me a floppy disk LOL  :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version