Author Topic: My Fader not connecting  (Read 4663 times)

dagored11

• Youngling
My Fader not connecting
« on: June 10, 2015, 08:55:49 PM »
I upgraded Master Fader to the latest version, now My Fader won't connect. The upgrade didn't mention anything about conflicts. Anybody know whats up??
Thanx!!

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: My Fader not connecting
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 09:38:16 PM »
I upgraded Master Fader to the latest version, now My Fader won't connect. The upgrade didn't mention anything about conflicts. Anybody know whats up??
Thanx!!

Hey there! If you've upgraded to MF 3.1.1 but are still trying to use My Fader 2.X it won't work. So you need to upgrade My Fader to the newer version 3.X. Here's the link to the updated My Fader just in case. Once upgraded, you should be able to connect. Fingers crossed!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mackie-my-fader-3/id963966072?mt=8

Good Luck!  :)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 09:56:03 PM »
Let us know if that helped,if not I'm sure someone here can help you thou the issue
Your never to old to learn something stupid

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 12:20:55 AM »
That sounds like the likely issue.  Both Master Fader and My Fader need to be the same version.  (Not totally true with the latest version of Master Fader.  That works with the last My Fader version, even though the versions aren't identical versions. That are both version 3.x)

dagored11

• Youngling
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 01:23:48 AM »
Nope - my fader is up to date as well. It worked fine until the latest update to Master Fader. I'm on the right network, and I uninstalled and re-installed the app. When I try to connect to the mixer it keeps coming up "disconnected".

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 01:55:07 AM »
Nope - my fader is up to date as well. It worked fine until the latest update to Master Fader. I'm on the right network, and I uninstalled and re-installed the app. When I try to connect to the mixer it keeps coming up "disconnected".

Sorry to hear that. I can't be much help, but the more seasoned here may just be able to share their knowledge for a solution, other than you having to call Mackie Service Dept.  8)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 02:43:11 AM »
I haven't been having any of the WiFi devices automatically connecting.  Do you know how to force the connection?  One other thing, one place I ran sound had a coffee shop that I frequented nearby and my iphone connected to their WiFi instead of my WiFi.  So I'd go through double checking the WiFi you've connected to.  Open My Fader app and go to the connection page and attempt to connect.  If you're already doing all of this, and it sounds like you probably are, turn off your iphone and start from scratch.  (I've had full shutdowns help when nothing else did.)  If none of that works, you might want to call Mackie. 

dagored11

• Youngling
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 01:13:07 PM »
Thanx!!

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 11:57:20 PM »
And I'd like  to find out what works in the end.  Generally speaking, every problem shows up on my mixer eventually.  (Never had the white noise problem.)

dagored11

• Youngling
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 11:02:17 PM »
Hey all - deleted the app and re-installed it. Works again!