Author Topic: Not that this is related to the DL Series Mixers. Well sort of.  (Read 2715 times)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Just checking out Mackie's Facebook page and saw their blurb for the new FreePlay Personal PA.

The FreePlay Connect Control App is available for download now. And surprise, it not only works on iOS, but Android too! Android? Android?? Mackie creating a dual platform control app???? Please ignore my cynicism.  :P

Hmm, very interesting indeed! So they can do it. Nice. Now if they can do it with MF, that would be excellent.  ;)

Here are the links for iOS and Android versions:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mackie-freeplay-connect/id980303512?ls=1&mt=8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mackie.freeplayconnect

8)

And yes it is a brand new product and app, so it was probably easier to create from scratch in Android as well as iOS. I suspect they might even port it to other operating systems too.  :)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 01:50:59 AM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Kev tyler

• Knight
Re: Not that this is related to the DL Series Mixers. Well sort of.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 12:59:00 PM »
It's a great idea wasted on a toy, I would love to see the x air technology bolted to the back of a yamaha dsr15, but I can't see that happening soon. Unless Uli keeps snapping all the good firms up,

I think two of them free play boxes bolted on top of a pair of subs would be ideal for little restaurant gigs though

Kev

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 04:27:33 PM »
I have to say I'm wondering if they pulled the app guy off of the MF apps for this weird arse "product" :( ?

OTOH I notice it has a feedback destroyer and chorus in its DSP - hopefully those will make their way into the DL series :) ?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 04:35:06 PM by RoadRanger »

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 04:43:16 PM »
Hey it's a wide open field those bar room boom boxes, Mackies latest venture to avoid competition. The nice thing about these is that you can listen to any band you want and control it with your phone. The 21st Century Juke box.  :)  You can even take it to the beach   8)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 04:57:02 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 02:18:38 AM »
I, too, was amazed that they had an Android version. Yes, very interesting. The FreePlay looks interesting, too. I might pick one up, just to see how useful it is.
Mackie Junkie

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 02:52:50 AM »
If this is what they put Metacom on it certainly was a waste of his talents. Bad move on Mackie's part. BenO care  to comment?????
When in doubt KISS