Author Topic: Frequent re-synchronizing when iPad docked...  (Read 3409 times)

sstillwell

• Initiate
Frequent re-synchronizing when iPad docked...
« on: June 16, 2015, 02:05:32 AM »
Does anyone have this problem...and hopefully a solution?

I'm on the latest Master Fader with firmware updated on my DL1608, running an iPad 2 on iOS 8.3.

The behavior is that the iPad will work correctly for a while, then will periodically act as though it had been undocked and re-docked - the sync dialog comes up and goes away.  The UI will eventually freeze...and then unfreeze after 30 seconds to a minute.  It repeated that for most of the night at our last gig...we got through it but it was a bit nerve-wracking.  The only apps running were Master Fader and Music.

Scott

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: Frequent re-synchronizing when iPad docked...
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 08:00:17 AM »
Welcome to this forum, now acquaint yourself with an age-old DL problem.
http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=498.0
Charge level of battery affects this.
When in doubt KISS

stevegarris

• Knight
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 07:53:41 PM »
One of my house clubs has this same issue. The iPad is locked in the DL, and sits there re-syncing repeatedly until it eventually locks up. I bring my DL in (running 2.1 classic), and just go through one channel on their board to get to the mains. Mine, running the classic software, works flawlessly. Sorry I can't help you though.

Zapme

• Youngling
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 05:20:07 AM »
I ran into the same issue on Saturday.  I was running sound at a local venue i used my dl1608 out front so I could have control over the gain.  I'm still running my fader classic.  I ran one iPad docked and another on wifi.  The docked iPad had the app completely lock up once and it kept resyncing over and over especially if I made any adjustment on the other iPad. I using iPad 2s.

sstillwell

• Initiate
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 09:18:19 PM »
Welcome to this forum, now acquaint yourself with an age-old DL problem.
http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=498.0
Charge level of battery affects this.

I had seen this problem before, but in this case (as I should have mentioned) the iPad was at 98%+ charge when everything was initially set up and powered up and certainly at 100% by the time we started playing.  It's a 64GB WiFi-Only iPad 2, less than 50% full on storage.  Only programs running are MF and Music, Background Refresh turned off for everything possible.

I've done a hard reset on the iPad and deleted every app that I don't absolutely need.  I'll test again.

Scott

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 08:02:49 AM »
The usual solution if the DL is under warranty is to send it back and have them send you one that works. If you're out of warranty (one year unless you purchased more) you're out of luck since the cost to repair it unreasonable.
When in doubt KISS

sstillwell

• Initiate
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 03:03:27 PM »
Lovely.  This is why as soon as my bonus from work comes in, I'm getting a Qu-16.  DL1608 = great concept and potential, not so great execution.  :(

JMc

• Padawan
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 05:36:13 AM »
Had the same problem, using a fully charged, uncluttered iPad2.  Drove me up the wall...  The DL32R was the solution for my frustration...   8)