Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

which Ipad?

<< < (4/4)

Rdmitch:
good idea on the circuit tester, I'm throwing one into my little tool bag when I get home today !!

Keyboard Magic:
I have to retract my earlier gripe about battery drain with the iPad Air 2 running MF 3.X . I did a Gr8 grad last night and purposely monitored the battery indicator. I started at 100% charge and after about 3.5 hours continuous running it had only dropped to about 65%. Now my iPad 2 which was running music for the same length of time was at only 74% at the end of the evening . I guess that’s not too bad in real life?

Rdmitch:
I'm just a nervous type that has to have a alternate plan ready to go.

Typically my show runs 4 hrs., when you add sound check and break music into the mix the unit is going to
run almost 5 hrs.  To me I just don't trust the Ipad2 battery that long.   
With the power block I at least never drop too far below 50 %

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: Rdmitch on June 24, 2015, 06:02:44 PM ---I'm just a nervous type that has to have a alternate plan ready to go.

Typically my show runs 4 hrs., when you add sound check and break music into the mix the unit is going to
run almost 5 hrs.  To me I just don't trust the Ipad2 battery that long.   
With the power block I at least never drop too far below 50 %

--- End quote ---

I still keep my backup battery pack ready to plug in just the same. I agree with you 100% The air 2 does suck the battery faster than the older iPad.  ;)

Wynnd:
I really wouldn't worry until it gets below 10 %.  They'll run right to below 5% easily.  Unlike other devices that die whenever you get below 50%.  If 2 hours will drop it 40% from full charge, you shouldn't have any problems getting close to 5 hours out of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version