Author Topic: Crackles noise when ipad docked  (Read 4131 times)

Amondescu

• Youngling
Crackles noise when ipad docked
« on: June 23, 2015, 08:14:47 AM »
Hi there,
There are some crackling noise when ipad is docked and fully charged.Anyone else have this problem?How can be fixed?

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: Crackles noise when ipad docked
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 11:25:38 PM »
Hi there,
There are some crackling noise when ipad is docked and fully charged.Anyone else have this problem?How can be fixed?

First, welcome to the forum! Too bad you have to post for an issue.

Not sure what’s happening, but it could be anything in the signal path from iPad to mixer to mics, to speakers to cables and so on. The best thing I can think of is just do “process of elimination”. Check everything one at a time until, hopefully, the noise stops. This should identify the offending device.

If this just started after you docked the iPad, it could be the mixer or iPad causing your problem. Remove the iPad and power the mixer up to see if the noise persists. Check the pre-amp gain level knobs on the mixer if it’s a DL806/1608. If one or more have been bumped to high levels (fully turned to the right) that will cause distortion on an active channel with something plugged into it, even crackling sounds from your headphones and speakers.

Check, check check. Don’t leave anything out.  Hope this helps a bit? And good luck too!

This is a great forum with a lot of experienced people. You'll get some excellent suggestions to help you out. No worries!  ;)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 11:49:23 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 03:36:33 AM »
is this noise only in the aux monitor outputs?
If it is, you must use balanced TRS cables.

But you did say "when it is docked" which leads me to believe that the noise is gone when ithe iPad is not docked which makes my suggestion rather goofy.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 03:38:06 AM by dpdan »

Amondescu

• Youngling
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 07:48:02 AM »
Thank you for the reply!
I will try to check everything as you suggested and hopefully i will find the offender device.
And yes the noise appear only when the ipad is fully charged and docked,if I remove the ipad the noise stops,and if is not 100 percent full I have no problem at all.That make me to believe that maybe the ipad is the problem.Anyway i will try to change the cables and proceed by elimination and hopefully i will resolve the problem.
Again thnx for your answer! 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 12:56:49 PM »
Thank you for the reply!
I will try to check everything as you suggested and hopefully i will find the offender device.
And yes the noise appear only when the ipad is fully charged and docked,if I remove the ipad the noise stops,and if is not 100 percent full I have no problem at all.That make me to believe that maybe the ipad is the problem.Anyway i will try to change the cables and proceed by elimination and hopefully i will resolve the problem.
Again thnx for your answer! 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After you mentioned it only acts up with a fully charged iPad, it could be the iPad or the DL's dock connector. I am leaning towards the dock connector. I would give Mackie Service a call if you can't eliminate this by checking all the other stuff first.

Good Luck!
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

JMc

• Padawan
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 04:50:19 AM »
I'm thinking that a little contact cleaning might be in order... 

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 05:22:10 PM »
Amondescu;

Did you ever figure out what was causing the crackling noise? Just curious.  8)

Amondescu

• Youngling
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 06:07:12 PM »
Yes,I think is from the keyboard cables but still when is everything unplugged The main is a little green like is there something noise but not hearing in the speakers.
Sorry for my English  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2015, 07:02:25 PM »
Yes,I think is from the keyboard cables but still when is everything unplugged The main is a little green like is there something noise but not hearing in the speakers.
Sorry for my English  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No noise is good. And seeing a little green in the meters on the Main is just fine. I think all the 1608s do that, almost like normal internal background noise.

Your English is just fine too, by the way!  8)