Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Beware of Placing Wireless Mic Receivers Near Apple Router

(1/8) > >>

takis:
Well, it was a newer sanheiser receiver wireless microphone system that was placed on top of my rack where I have the Apple router that connects to the DL32R. 

Basically, some white noise at full volume went throuh the system intermitently....  After we moved the mic to the other side of the stage everything was OK...

So, beware of hooking up wireless mics near the router...

Unfortunately, it took a while to figure out because of the rain on the stage leaking from the ceiling.. it was an outside festival...  never worked with the singer before, thus the wireless seinheiser mic system was new... 

The mic system had a hard time 'syncing' with its own system...  this should of been a sign to move it to the other side from the beginning...

Unfortunately, it was my large sound system and the white noise was loud... but fortunatley all of my electrical power conditioning stuff saved everything.. nothing blew...  except for the one speaker that the actual wind blew over to fall 15 feet off the stage... no one got hurt... the tweeter fell off inside, but the 15" was still working.. when i opened ithe JBL MR410 up today, the tweeter fell off and I just screwed it back on and everything works....  got lucky there...

Overall, the entire day was a bad day with issues...  other than the loud noise through the system, the overall system worked well and was happy with the sound.  People really did not notice anythign because the speaker fell over and the white noise happened to happen at the same time.. so we took a short break and figured things out...

Taki

WK154:
I  take it that your new Sennheiser wireless is of the 2.4 gig variety. A bad choice in my opinion. The traditional 500 Mhz to 698 Mhz have no such problem with any of my gear. I don't have a DL32R or for that matter any Apple routers.

Keyboard Magic:
I use a Shure - PGXD24/SM58 wireless mic system and have always set the receiver next to the AirPort Express without any issues. Of course the express is running only on 5GHz. I had to disable the 2.4GHz radio, it was making my mic crap out all the time. Now no issues.

Michael Welter:
I place my receivers on top of the rack with the DL32R, and haven't had any issues so far. But I do appreciate the heads-up. If it happens, I'll know what to look for.

Weogo:
Hi Taki,

I hope in the future you have all speakers safely gsecured.
A speaker falling from 15' could really hurt somebody.

Good health,  Weogo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version