Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Beware of Placing Wireless Mic Receivers Near Apple Router

<< < (4/8) > >>

Wynnd:
UHF is much better than VHF.  (I've had both and the UHF is nearly impossible to have drop out.)  Don't think the digital mic is VHF.  Like I said, I will check and see what mine is. 

WK154:

--- Quote from: Fluddman on July 06, 2015, 07:54:39 AM ---
--- Quote from: Wynnd on July 06, 2015, 06:47:41 AM ---I've got one of the Shure digital headset mic and fanny pack.  It's always worked perfectly.  What have you heard that's different?

--- End quote ---

My mate suggested that the UHF microphones would work better when there wasn't a good line of sight. It was nothing to do with interferrence with or from a wireless router.

Cheers

--- End quote ---
It's the lower frequency, longer distance for the same power. So a 500 Mhz vs. 2400 Mhz makes a big difference.

gerenm63:

--- Quote from: WK154 on July 07, 2015, 02:07:10 AM ---It's the lower frequency, longer distance for the same power. So a 500 Mhz vs. 2400 Mhz makes a big difference.

--- End quote ---

Oddly, this doesn't seem to hold true for 2.4GHz in other use areas. For instance, radio control hobbyists enjoy the same or greater range, with less interference, using 2.4GHz digital systems as opposed to the 72MHz FM and digital systems that are being phased out -- and the 2.4GHz gear operates at lower power.

I've been having to do a fair amount of research on 2.4GHz equipment lately for other reasons, and from what I can see, if there's a problem going on with interference between wireless routers and wireless mics, something is not playing by the rules with regards to the 2.4GHz ISM space.

WK154:

--- Quote from: gerenm63 on July 07, 2015, 02:21:19 AM ---
--- Quote from: WK154 on July 07, 2015, 02:07:10 AM ---It's the lower frequency, longer distance for the same power. So a 500 Mhz vs. 2400 Mhz makes a big difference.

--- End quote ---

Oddly, this doesn't seem to hold true for 2.4GHz in other use areas. For instance, radio control hobbyists enjoy the same or greater range, with less interference, using 2.4GHz digital systems as opposed to the 72MHz FM and digital systems that are being phased out -- and the 2.4GHz gear operates at lower power.

I've been having to do a fair amount of research on 2.4GHz equipment lately for other reasons, and from what I can see, if there's a problem going on with interference between wireless routers and wireless mics, something is not playing by the rules with regards to the 2.4GHz ISM space.

--- End quote ---
Oddly enough the laws of physics still hold true even though some would think otherwise. 72 Mhz has more distance capability than 2.4 Ghz.

sam.spoons:
Given the probably future overuse of the 2.4GHz band I would be very wary of a 2M wingspan 250mph model jet aircraft controlled by the same wireless as my smartphone turning into a 2M/250mph unguided flying bomb :facepalm:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version